Keeping water filters thawed when using quilt

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you using quilts instead of sleeping bags, are you concerned about things like water filters freezing overnight?
With my sleeping bag right now, I just throw my Sawyer squeeze and my battery bank in the bottom of the sleeping bag to keep them from freezing overnight. Can you do the same with a quilt or is there a higher risk of them falling out and freezing?

gilby

Lil-Rokslider
I always wear something with a pockets and put my phone, and water filter against my body in the pocket. Most of the time when I put items in my EE revelations footbox they end next to my sleeping pad by morning. It would definitely be nice if there was a pocket built into the quilt to store a few items.

crich

WKR
I always wear something with a pockets and put my phone, and water filter against my body in the pocket. Most of the time when I put items in my EE revelations footbox they end next to my sleeping pad by morning. It would definitely be nice if there was a pocket built into the quilt to store a few items.
Built in pocket thats a good idea

Never gets much colder than about 25 on my mountain but usually filter goes in the footbox of my quilt along with electronics unless Im charging something.

I’m an active sleeper. I have a Zpacks stuff sack with micro fleece inside. I flip it inside out with the fleece outside, wrap my filter in some clothes, stuff in another piece of clothing or a puffy, arrange it so I don’t have a crazy, uncomfortable lump and use it as a pillow.