Keeping your name off public records??

HntnFsh

FNG
I have no advice on how to get the privacy you deserve, but will say God Bless you for taking these girls into your family and obviously giving them a loving home!

Rich M

WKR
Yup - partnership, trust, or LLC. You pick the name.

Some states have easy access to see who is the agent in charge of Corporations and LLCs - might be better to open a Trust and do everything thru there.

An attorney is the way to go here. Setting up the organization is easy, you just need to fund it and maintain it for life - think Trust is the cheapest with least amount of providing paperwork to the govt. You gotta do everything thru the Trust if that's the case - house, cars, insurance, etc...

LightFoot

WKR
Talk to your adoption attorney, who should be knowledgeable on family law issues. If not, go see a family law attorney. Setting up a partnership or trust to hold real estate may do more harm that good. You may incur expenses or tax consequences that you have not yet considered. The sheriff is not your only option to seek a protective order.

Seriously, go see a real attorney. We all mean well, but we don't know what we don't know.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Can you search business listings in Idaho? LLC may be the way but you will need to designate a lawyer or someone else as the listed contact for the LLC on state filings.

cameras. If you don’t have a security system with cameras already then you need one. It’s going to be in your favor to have tape if they get wild and trespass regardless of you moving or not. Arlo system is pretty good and I also have an Logitech circle that sits inside my window watching the front of the house. If your off the beaten path with a decent amount of driveway you can setup a buzzer or gate.

I’m also gonna second the motion to have bear spray or other less lethal available if things go sideways. You probably already have bear spray being in that part of the country but if you don’t then now is a real good excuse to go get some. Probably need it for an upcoming hunt anyway.

God bless and good luck. Stay calm and the Lord will sort things out. Those children are the most important thing and your a good person for taking them in, most don’t want the hassles such as this.

If you have a family member that is a LEO, you’re able to stay off many public records so long as you request to do so.

I’m not sure where this is a thing, but its not a thing in WA. Once you know my name, everything in my personnel file is subject to public records requests. You don’t even need to file anything to get my salary history for the last 5 years. Just look it up on the internet.