Kelty One Man Field Tent

JRMiller

WKR
No experience but it almost looks like an Alps Lynx 1 clone. Alps makes the Lynx for many other brands. I have a Lynx and like it but it recently got retired due to weight, same as the Kelty, 4lbs
At the time (6 years ago or so) 4lbs was good but there’s quite a few good inexpensive 1 or 2 mans under 3lbs and under $100 now

OP
justin84

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, that makes sense. The other sub $100 tents I've been looking at didn't have the ripstop material, which I thought may be worth the higher quality material for a little extra weight. I think I'll give it a try.

JRMiller

WKR
Thanks, that makes sense. The other sub $100 tents I've been looking at didn't have the ripstop material, which I thought may be worth the higher quality material for a little extra weight. I think I'll give it a try.
Might consider an RCP Trekker 1. It uses 30d ripstop, has a real tough floor, really no need for a footprint, has a good vestibule, its $50, and weighs 2.5lbs
Its one of two other tents I use now.
early models had water ingress issues but theyve been fixed and mines watertight.

OP
justin84

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
Good suggestion, that brand looks familiar. Looks like it’s on backorder now but I’ll keep an eye on it.