Kelvin lights vs first lite uncompahgre pants????

Cdpp880

WKR
I’m wanting to upgrade my army surplus puffy pants for something lighter but still pretty warm. I’m more interested in warmth as I hate being cold. Out of these which is warmer. They seem to be the same weight around 18oz. Sitka has 80gr of primaloft insulation while first lite has 100gr of 37.5 insulation. Also how is the durability of each. Not planning on walking around in them just curious.
Thanks.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t know about the kelvin light pants. I had the jacket and it’s one of the warmest synthetics for the weight. I’ve never found any data on the insulation from fl so it’s hard to say if it’s warmer even though it has 20 more grams.

TravisN

FNG
I'm wondering the same thing. Hoping that bumping the post might solicit a response from someone with experience with both.

tlkaetz

WKR
I've got the older Kelvin Pants and I love them. They are a little bulky, but are super warm. I have never used the FL puffy pants, but I sold the Uncompaghre jacket because I didn't think it was very warm for its weight.

dblb

FNG
Bump.

I'm looking at both these pants right now. Opinions?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

VAHunter01

Lil-Rokslider
Are you guys referring to the ECWS level 7 puffy pants?

I was considering ordering some for this winter. I didn't figure anything would come close to their warmth.

How do the Uncs compare to the surplus, when it comes down to strictly warmth.

I have the army stuff and kelvin lights. Kelvins are not as warm but are also way less bulky. I don’t have the FL pants but I have but the kelvin light jacket and uncomphagre jacket. I find the kelvin warmer and I tend to wear it more.

Whether you go with kelvin or uncomphagre pants, I suggest sizing up. If you want to put them on over all your layers, Go big. If you go true to size you won’t have a ton of room underneath for your base layer and pants.