Kelvin Lite down jacket

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
Just looking to see if anyone uses this as an everyday winter jacket? Never seen this one in person and wondering if I would be warm enough for the winters up here in the UP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2531usmc

WKR
I live on the eastern shore of Maryland and use mine as an everyday jacket in January and February. They are our coldest months with highs around 30 and lows around 20.

also use it for stand hunting under my stratus….

OP
R

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you! Does it run big or small?

2531usmc

WKR
I’m 6’2” and it‘s pretty much a perfect fit, at least for me. My dewpoint nicely fits over it and I can wear an ambient hoody underneath it

OP
R

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone compare this jacket with the Kuiu elements jacket? Not sure what one would be warmer?

what is warmth comparison with KUIU superdown pro and stone glacier Grumman.

The Sitka has 110 grams versus 141g KUIU and 150g stone glacier.

Based on numbers sitka wouldn’t be as warm but maybe that’s not case based on construction and face fabric. I’ve used the KUIU and SG but not the Kelvin lite

rideold

WKR
I have one I bought a month ago. It's cut nicely for an every day jacket and the hood works well. Only gripe is the insulation thins out on the lower back. For me that means that there is less insulation for a hand span above my belt so the small of my back gets cold when the temps drop. I haven't decided if this is a deal breaker yet since I've only had it in the upper 30's. I like it otherwise.

ZD91

FNG
I live on the eastern shore of Maryland and use mine as an everyday jacket in January and February. They are our coldest months with highs around 30 and lows around 20.

also use it for stand hunting under my stratus….
How’s the fit/loudness under the stratus? I was thinking about going with either the down or the aerolite instead of the Celsius midi so I can have an everyday solid color jacket.