Kenetrek and the UPS man

Just got a surprise from the UPS man. The story goes I sent my Hardscrabbles in to see if they could be repaired. The liner separated from the leather upper. I got a call from one of there gals saying they would look at it and see what they could do. Three days later the UPS man is dropping off a new pair of boots, with a note that said " sorry for the trouble, hope these last longer". Now that is above and beyond good customer service. Everyone always throws out how they got mess over buy this company or that company. I just wanted throw a nice post out for a company that is worth every dollar you spend on them.

Now if I could just get them to sponser me on a mountain goat hunt in BC. :)

OP
fire arrow
Keep them greased up. Took them to AZ for coues deer few years back. They dried out kinda and squeaked. Threw some boot grease, no more squeak.

Mostly use them for backpack hunting. Love them.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kenetreks are a great boot! Lookin the classifieds. I am trying to sell 2 pair of mine.

OP
fire arrow
Only 20 more miles to go until these puppies are kinda broke in. Went for a 6 mile run. Found out the hard way when I first got them, these boots don't break in until about 25 to 30 miles. After that, they are awsome.

I bought a pair of the "Mountain Extremes" in the spring a couple of years ago. Wore them near daily all summer and fall and they were starting to look pretty beat up. In October, the left one developed a noticeable leak when hiking through sloppy wet snow. I wasn't real happy with that, so when I was going through my gear later that winter I decided to send them back in to Kenetrek to see what they would do. This is the email I got a few days later:

"We performed a leak test on your boots and indeed they leak. We are sending out a new pair tomorrow 1/27/11."

New pair is holding up fine so far. I certainly have no complaints about the customer service.

Yk