Kenetrek Boot Fit Advice

Trying to get a new pair of boots and looking at the Kenetrek mountain extremes non-ins in 11.5. I tried on the reg width and the are a bit snug on the outside of my foot just below the pinky toe. I wasn’t able to try on the wides in non-ins but they had an 11.5w in the 400g. They almost seemed too wide. What has been your experience with these? Should I get the reg and try to stretch them by breaking them in or get the wide and try to fill the boot up with thicker insoles and heavier socks? Do the NI and 400g fit the same? Any advice is appreciated.

So most Italian boot companies will have a narrow toe.
I've put alot of miles on Kenetreks and I wouldn't count on them stretching.
You could try going up 1/2 a size in the regular.
Or try some different brands.
The Lowa Tibet has alot more roomy toe box.

OP
Moose Drool
So most Italian boot companies will have a narrow toe.
I've put alot of miles on Kenetreks and I wouldn't count on them stretching.
You could try going up 1/2 a size in the regular.
Or try some different brands.
The Lowa Tibet has alot more roomy toe box.[/QUOTE

Sounds good. So the LOWA Tibet regular width is wider than the kenetrek regular width?

Have a pair of ni, and 400g that I wear regularly, both the same size. The 400g is slightly tighter. Both boots do fit the ball of my foot tightly when first put on. Loosens up some after walking. Both have loosened up some during break in. If you want the insulated boots, I would for sure try a different insole and a heavy sock. THe 400g really don't seem that warm to me, and the kenetrek insole always felt cold.

Yes I think the Tibet has a wider toe box then the Kenetrek.

The foam in the kenetrek will conform some to your foot. But if your looking for any major stretch/shift in size I'd look elsewhere.

I had non insulated extremes for a long time and loved them. But as I got older my feet changed some and they didn't work. " heel issues"
They are super solid.
My brother had a set this year that are a little to narrow and they killed the balls of his feet.
After a week of hunting we had to second day air boots to camp.

Have you ever worn a super stiff mountain boot before?
They can cause alot of heel hot spots on some people so unless a super stiff boot is something you really think you need maybe check some other stuff out.
The Crispi Nevada has a roomy toe box. A little to roomy for me. I think the crispi 3 flex is a good middle of the road stiffness.
Order crispi stuff thru black ovis. Use code Rokslide10.
They give u 30 days to return. I put garbage bags over them to keep them clean while testing.
The return ship label is $7.
Hope that helps buddy

Pretty sure my bro has a set of 10.5 non insulated extremes he would sell. Lol

ID_Matt

WKR
I could be wrong but I think if it is just one tight spot you could send them to kennetrek and ask them to stretch that area. I have heard of people doing that.

I could be wrong but I think if it is just one tight spot you could send them to kennetrek and ask them to stretch that area. I have heard of people doing that.
Kenetrek was very helpful trying to solve my heel issues, Great customer service. And if you already own boots your having an issue with I'd give them a call.
But I'm my opinion I wouldn't buy boots and try force them to fit.
In my experience its $26 dollars in shipping and 2-3 weeks every time u need to send them in.

OP
Moose Drool
Ya I have some danner Mtn assaults that are basically a LOWA Tibet that are about worn out but they quit making them. Might have to hit up rei and try the Lowa Tibets. I tried the Lowa camino’s in 11.5w and they weren’t wide enough.

ericF

WKR
I recently ran into the same issue between two pairs of Non insulated Mountain Extremes that were the exact same size 12. One pair was too tight on my pinky toe area on the right foot, but felt great on the heel. The other pair was roomier on the toebox, but also a little looser in the heel. Yes, they were exactly the same size, but there will be slight variations within any given boot. So if you are buying locally see if they have multiple boots in your size to try on.

Jbehredt

WKR
I've never seen Tibets in stock at an rei store.
But they have a 12 month return policy.
I'd buy your normal size

Denver store has them.

ETA has the exact same issue and only with my right foot . Got the bright idea from some video to skip the bottom two eyelets. Allows the boot to “open” more at my toes.

Just bought a pair of Mt. Extreme NI
I wear a size 13 in everything. A 12 wide is what I needed. I am working on break in but they feel Great!

danarnold

WKR
I wouldnt count on em stretching, I use the Mtn xtremes in a wide and pair them with the full cushion darn tough socks, they fit/feel better than my crispi, lowas, mendl, solomans . my first pair are NI, t
liked them enough to get the 400's. no disappointments