Kenetrek Boot wax Scent ?

Ive noticed the Kenetrek boot wax has a scent to it . Has anyone used it for bowhunting and had issues with the deer spooking from the smell ?

Berger024

WKR
I have not had issues. I think if there is a scent issue, I would be 99.998% confident that it is not from the wax. I am very strict with scent control, take scent-free soap showers before my hunts, change into scent-free clothes stored properly and washed after each hunt and still have been winded occasionally. Play the wind.

OP
HuntingAddict
Thank you , Im the same way . The stuff works great just on all the leather boots there is a little scent to it . I usually use rubber boots but they suck for long hikes in and out .

Berger024

WKR
Thank you , Im the same way . The stuff works great just on all the leather boots there is a little scent to it . I usually use rubber boots but they suck for long hikes in and out .
Haha. I do the same thing. I try to wear my muck boots, but on public land doing all-day sits in a harness, I need the Kennetreks for the hike and putting weight on my feet all day. The rubber boots flex too much for harness hunting on steps and a platform. I've read that the majority of scent comes from your head (mouth). Chlorophyll is a natural supplement that is supposed to help with internal scent issues. I usually take a shot and swish it around in my mouth and then drink it down.

OP
HuntingAddict
Totally agree, no real support with the rubber boots . Plus can get in the woods quieter with the smaller less bulky boot. i find the baking soda helps the breath thing and no scent . Im a trapper and we use that stuff to clean our buckets, gloves and tools