Kenetrek heel slip

Jmort1754

WKR
Mountain extreme 400, 220 or so miles on them. Heel started to slip. Any idea why ? I wear sole insoles and have tried the different lacing methods.

Mine slipped since the beginning. It turned out they are about a half size too big. I put an additional insole(aftermarket on top of the factory) and have never had any slippage since. I wonder if yours got stretched out somehow and are just a little too big now? Complete guess, just letting you know what worked for me. Good luck.

YBPS

WKR
Me too. I sized down a half size and still get a little slip.... I tried different insoles and got the spacer for under the insole from Kenetrek. Not sure how that POS would fit better for anyone... 🤷‍♂️ I wanna love these boots but somethings are just not meant to be.

I used to own a pair of mtn extremes and mtn guides. Both heel slipped on me. Had to sell them. I couldn’t get mine to stop, even after monkeying with insoles. Good luck

Coltsp100

FNG
Kenetrek is known for that, I would go to crispi, not near as much break in time and they lock your heel in way better

grfox92

WKR
I had a Cobbler who sells alot of Kenetrek explain that with a boot as stiff as the sole is on the Kenetrek you are almost guaranteed to get some HEEL LIFT, which is often mistaken as heel slip. If you aren't getting blisters and your heal is just lifting out if the heel pocket I would say it's fairly normal....based on what a high end boot shop cobbler told me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I had a Cobbler who sells alot of Kenetrek explain that with a boot as stiff as the sole is on the Kenetrek you are almost guaranteed to get some HEEL LIFT, which is often mistaken as heel slip. If you aren't getting blisters and your heal is just lifting out if the heel pocket I would say it's fairly normal....based on what a high end boot shop cobbler told me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I don’t get blisters. Just feel like my heel is coming out. Especially with up or down hill and weight.