Kenetrek legit???

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm down south on a short vacation before heading back up to Alaska, the only high end boots I've seen on the shelves are kenetrek hardscrabbles.

Are these solid, last forever boots??? I've always pictured kenetreks as boots that people use for horseback hunting once then put away.

The ones I tried felt pretty good and fit well, would a pair last several years with lots of off trail use??? I've never known anybody personally who had a pair.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
No boots last forever. Kenetrek are pretty well respected as solid boots. I have not used them yet but will be giving some a shot this season for high country elk in CO. 2 years can be a really long life to expect out of a boot if you put a ton of miles on a year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have used Browning boots, Rocky boots, Danner Elkridge, still have 3 pair of the old style Danner Pronghorns, and a pair of the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme. The Kenetrek are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn and seem bulletproof. After two years, the soles show no sign of wear and I have no doubt they are going to last quite a few more years.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Kenetrek makes a legit boot. You'll find plenty of Kenetrek's in the sheep mountains and moose camps. I've had the Mountain Extremes for a year. Mine have been up a number of mountains in the last year and show minimal signs of wear. They are holding up very well.

I'm down south on a short vacation before heading back up to Alaska, the only high end boots I've seen on the shelves are kenetrek hardscrabbles.

Are these solid, last forever boots??? I've always pictured kenetreks as boots that people use for horseback hunting once then put away.

The ones I tried felt pretty good and fit well, would a pair last several years with lots of off trail use??? I've never known anybody personally who had a pair.

kenetrek makes a solid boot that will last

if you need kenetrek help or want to check our specials shoot us a pm

bobhunts

WKR
Kennetrek is one of the best if not the best if they fit your feet and you have the time to break them in~ Buy some Leukotape for your heels and go hike yourself to death before season. The boots are notorious for heel rub. I can tell you that all that is said is true. Get the tape and break them in!

The boots are notorious for heel rub.

My son has a pair, they're not the lightest boot, but I believe that they are well made and rugged. Initially, they caused him some heel rub/blister issues, but a new set of aftermarket insoles fixed that and he's been happy with them ever since.

GKPrice

Banned
I wear a wide boot, ended up with LOWA's - A couple of guys I spend hunt time with wear Kenetreks, both are stellar boots as are quite a few other makes - Cabela's MEINDL's are a really good boot too - I've known a bunch of guys working at hatcheries who wear them year around with virtually 0 complaints and mostly high praises

frankrb3

WKR
I bought a pair of hardscrabbles in February of 2016 and wear them almost every day. I ride a motorcycle, work as a fish tech intern in the beartooth mountains and hunt all fall. They are definitely starting to fall apart at this point but I must say they are extremely comfortable. I went into kenetrek the other day (their office is here in bozeman) for new laces and asked about warranty/repairs for my boots. It's $175 to resole and rerand the boots which I will probably do after this hunting season. My point is I have been harder on them than any other boots I have owned. I've only had them for a year and a half and they are starting to have some issues but they are also the most comfortable boots I have worn since the painful breaking in process. I'm hoping to get a pair of mountain extremes in the future and I will only wear them for hunting. Wearing them every day wears them out too fast, but that's probably any type of boot.

I'm going on three or four years with mine now. Great boot if they fit you. I did get some heal slip but not bad anymore. My feet are maybe a bit narrow or low volume in the heal. Leukotape takes care of me if I ever get a hot spot but that only happens in extreme conditions now. I take good care of the boots and only wear them hunting and some training. Maybe spend four weeks in them a year.

This will be year three on mine. My big reason for getting them is I could walk into my local Scheels in Podunk Montana and try on a pair of wides. There's probably a lot better boots but these fit great with an after market insole. I'd love to try other boots but I had to sell a rifle to just afford these lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

I'd give our boots a look if you haven't before. Pacs are made here in Bozeman and our Mountain boots are handmade in Italy from the best materials you can get. All backed by our legendary 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Schnee's Boots

1signguy

WKR
Have a pair arriving this week- Plan is to get 50 miles on them in the next two months which should be pretty easy... so long as the fit is good! Always have my standbys ready in case these aren't right for me...
Also have some Leukotape coming this week too. I plan to tape up before I break them in... Don't want to damage my feet and loose a week of training so close to the season.... Sure hope they feel as good on the trail as they did in the store...

I'd have to say they are pretty legit! Sheep hunting in Alaska is what our company was built on and that's where are boots are designed to perform. If you have any questions on them, let me know! Always happy to help.

Wyatt @ Kenetrek

Flojoe

FNG
I wore a pair of mountain extremes on my sheep hunt in Alaska last year and I'd surely say they're pretty legit.

mcseal2

WKR
I bought a pair of Mountain Extremes used on Ebay a couple years ago. They were worn just enough I got to skip the break-in period. I wore them for approximately 50 miles of conditioning hikes and they worked great. Now I save them for actual hunts and use my Cabelas Alaskan Guide boots for conditioning. They worked great hunting muleys in Wyoming last year, wearing them over 12hrs each day for 6 days. The Kennetreks fit my feet great and are at least as comfortable as the Cabelas boots while being lighter. I love mine and have had zero issues. If they fit your feet I think they are as good as any boot out there.

1signguy

WKR
Just treated mine with boot wax and plan to do so again tomorrow. My plan is to wear them for a few hours each day and do a few short hikes the first week or so. Will start putting some legit miles on them as soon as I feel like my feet are ready and the boots have started to conform to my feet...

They feel great right now but I know that without a proper break in I am asking for "pain!"

Vids

WKR
Mine took closer to 100 miles to completely stop rubbing my heels, but they are extremely comfortable once you get past that. I can hike 10-15 miles and my feet feel fresh at the end of the day.

I am going on year six with them. My feet got wet on a hunt last year so they may be losing some of their waterproofing capability, but other than that they are in great shape. I'll need to test them on some stream crossings this year and decide if they are for dry ground only from now on. A fresh coat of wax after that seemed to help, that may have been the issue.