Kenetrek Mountain Extreme and their boot wax?

Just received my first set of Kenetrek mountain boots and saw some recommendations from the company and others to start with the boot wax. I didn't buy any with the boots and wondering what all of you thought about its importance for the break in period. My plan is to start putting these through the wringer in the next day or so in prep for September, but didn't want to start the break in on the wrong foot, especially with the rain and how wet it is down here right now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

madcalfe

WKR
waxing them will soften up the leather but not needed right away. I usually only wax mine before big trips or if they seem dry. im sure you can go to any boot store and get some leather boot wax that will work just the same

Fred

Lil-Rokslider
I think you can go ahead and start wearing them. But, YES the boot wax does help with the break in and really does also protect the leather especially and the toe box creases. I have the Mtn Extremes and the Hard Scrabbles and use it on both pairs. Really think its a good choice and $20 at big box stores.

OP
C
Thanks guys, ill probably just run and grab some general boot wax to start on them this week before cruising timber around here for the break in. I appreciate it!

Mconner

FNG
I wonder if SNO SEAL would be sufficient due to it being 100% beeswax and no harsh chemicals?

I wonder if SNO SEAL would be sufficient due to it being 100% beeswax and no harsh chemicals?
SNO SEAL's got a mineral spirit carrier "20-40% Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light" per their SDS. There are so many different carrier/dissolving distillates that could be used: turpentine, lemon oil, etc. I couldn't find the SDS for Kenetrek's stuff so who knows what's in it.