Kenetrek or Zamberlan boots?

I have a few pairs of Kennetreks and a pair of Zamberlan Mountain Treks that I bought not too long ago. I really love the Zamberlans, and I've had mixed experiences with my Kennetreks. I love my Mountain Extremes but hate my hard scrabbles, which I destroyed my ankle in one time. I feel like the Mtn. Extremes might work well for what you describe.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Looks like Zamberlan is releasing a new winter boot this August. It seems like many cold weather boots also have mountaineering soles, which make them too stiff for my liking. These have the sole of the 980 outfitter, but with insulation and a built in gaiter. Not sure about the BOA lacing system, but I may end up ordering these for late season hunts.

3031 Polar GTX
Stop posting this crap, I'm trying to save money lol

Edit. Nevermind, they're on the wide last. My feet would swim in those. The Eiger 3030s might be stiffer soled but they will fit my feet better. The BOA system is nice if you wanna stop and loosen up your boots, can do that in a second. No more lacing up cold boots either. Put them on and crank them tight. Done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Zamberlan Men's Smilodon RR , it's a insulated boot that runs bit wide. It feet's my feet like no other. I run cold feeling in my feet do to my MS so I hunt them year round. Build quality is outstanding. I tried other high end boots but these feel like they were custom made for my feet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm not a wide either but hoping the extra width will allow for thick socks.
I could deal with a wide toe box, but once I read that the Achilles area was wider aka the heel pocket, I knew it would not be a good idea for me to try them. My heels are narrow and the determining factor in my boot purchases. The other Zamberlans I have are money though. Love em.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
Didn't notice that, but I see you point. They would probably be great for my foot but I'll wait for some reviews before buying. Zamberlans fit me better than anything I've tried before and I have a small collection to prove it!