Kenetrek Unisex Hunting Gaiter loose, I can fit my fist at the top of the calf

Bought a pair of Kenetrek Unisex Hunting Gaiters in size Large (for size 9-12 boots). I wear size 10 - 10.5 boots. I am 5'8" and athletic, about 170 pounds. With my ankle high Merrells they fit great near the boot, but at the top I can literally make a fist and fit it between the gaiter and the front of my leg. I tried them on wearing lounging pants, but even with hunting pants on this seems to be a huge diameter at the top.

Will this matter? Is this just how they are supposed to fit? Not likely that I will wear even 7" boots in my part of the country. Should I exchange them for mediums?

matthewmt

WKR
Mine are loose too, think I need to try on a sz down (same as you have) so mediums maybe?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The kenetrek gaiters just seem to run really big. I ended up getting some kuiu Yukon’s for my chicken legs and they fit much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rino

FNG
ditto...kennetrek needs to redesign. Do yourself a favor and get OR Crocodiles. They are the best.

OP
Mike Islander
Ever realize you are using a product wrong and then feel sort of...dumb. Me too!

When they arrive the Kenetrek Gaiter pull tab at the top is retracted into the top sleeve that it rides in. So if you just tighten the clip up to the base of the exposed strap, your gaiters will be very, very loose, unless you have Hulk-sized calves.

But if you just pull the strap out of the sleeve, it will tighten right on up to your calf like a drawstring, giving you a nice water-resistant seal with full comfort. Doh!!!
13Qg.gif

Pull it tight like this

You can cut the tab or tuck it into the front seal like this