Kenetrek vs Lowa vs Hanwag

Power

FNG
I currently run Kentrek and Lowa. The kenetreks are almost to stiff and the Lowa's didn't seem to hold up as well.

Does anyone have any experience with Hanwags and how they compare to either of those brands?

Thanks

dropper (2).jpg

I have kenetreks in both the guide and the mountain extreme. I also have the hanwag trapper top gtx. The hanwag is less stiff than the kenes and more comfortable, to me. I was concerned about a lack of support in the trappers but they have proven to work well in the mountains and are easier to walk in the flat stuff than the kenes. I also find the hanwags warmer than bothe the kenes that have 400 gram insuation.

BluMtn

WKR
I have the Tatra Top GTX boots. They currently have about 800 miles on them. They still have a lot of life left in them. They are extremely comfortable. The soles are stiff enough that when climbing steep terrain you can stair step up the hill which is easier for me. I also have the Alaskan GTX that has about as many miles, but I have noticed the soles are not as stiff and the stitching is starting to come apart where the sole flexes. When I upgrade I will get the Trapper Top GTX. For the value I believe these two boots are great.

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
For my feet hanwag and crispie fit best. For quality my order would be hanwag kenetrek crispie lowa. I have a pair of hanwag alaske gtx that are going on 15 years of 1-2x per year western hunts and wear them enough each pre hunt to get my feet in shape... They have been great. Rand is just starting to come loose the last few years and soles are wearing pretty thin. Obenaufs boot dressing n hanwag has worked for me.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I have Kenetrek and Crispi boots. The Kenetrek boots are by far the better of the two for me. I don’t think I’ll buy anything but Kenetrek from now on.

OP
Power

Power

FNG
I have kenetreks in both the guide and the mountain extreme. I also have the hanwag trapper top gtx. The hanwag is less stiff than the kenes and more comfortable, to me. I was concerned about a lack of support in the trappers but they have proven to work well in the mountains and are easier to walk in the flat stuff than the kenes. I also find the hanwags warmer than bothe the kenes that have 400 gram
I have kenetreks in both the guide and the mountain extreme. I also have the hanwag trapper top gtx. The hanwag is less stiff than the kenes and more comfortable, to me. I was concerned about a lack of support in the trappers but they have proven to work well in the mountains and are easier to walk in the flat stuff than the kenes. I also find the hanwags warmer than bothe the kenes that have 400 gram insuation.
Thanks for the feedback

Tsal

FNG
I have hanwag gtx boots; unlined uninsulated version. Nothing but good things to say; very comfortable and durable. Wish the toe wrap went all the way around the sides, but that said it hasn't impacted durability. Waterproofing has steadily decreased with years (5+ now i believe) of good use but that is to be expected.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa Tibets are what everything else is measured against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdf45

FNG
I have a 15 year old pair of meindls that are still waterproof . Just bought a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX .. they are almost as comfy and I’m hoping they stay just as waterproof . So far so good