Kenetrek vs Schnees stock insoles

2ski

WKR
So I have a new pair of Schnees and I like them but the insoles leave a lot to be desired with the cushion they give. Seems like I feel every step. I have used a set of Kenetreks in the past and while they didn't work with my feel, the insoles felt really good. Anyone know what each manufacturer uses for insoles? It seriously almost feels like there is no cushion/insole on the Schnees. I don't know. I've never felt like this with any footwear.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So I have a new pair of Schnees and I like them but the insoles leave a lot to be desired with the cushion they give. Seems like I feel every step. I have used a set of Kenetreks in the past and while they didn't work with my feel, the insoles felt really good. Anyone know what each manufacturer uses for insoles? It seriously almost feels like there is no cushion/insole on the Schnees. I don't know. I've never felt like this with any footwear.

Insoles are such a personal thing. I would say we have probably 60% of guys who love them and 40% of guys that jokingly ask us why we put wood planks in there for insoles... haha.

Personally, I don't mind the stock ones, but usually run the Z insoles or Sheepfeet. I have been running the sheepfeet for a month or 2 now.

- Matt

OP

2ski

WKR
Insoles are such a personal thing. I would say we have probably 60% of guys who love them and 40% of guys that jokingly ask us why we put wood planks in there for insoles... haha.

Personally, I don't mind the stock ones, but usually run the Z insoles or Sheepfeet. I have been running the sheepfeet for a month or 2 now.

- Matt
Thanks for the reply Matt. If I were a younger man it might be different. And it was frozen ground too. I assume you sell both of those insoles?

- Matt
Put me in the 60%. Took the factory insoles out of my Beartooths and tried 3 different styles before putting the factory ones back in. They just work for my feet, and I have some serious pain the a$$ feet. After these wear down, I think I might try a set of the Lathrop & Sons.

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
Been using the stock ones on both pairs of my Beartooth. One my older pair (2008) I love them. On the newer pair (2017) they seem a little thin but still workable.