Kenetrek’s bending after 5 seasons?

Pwells10

WKR
Just had ankle surgery in June, and now on hunts both my ankles and bottoms of my feet are killing. Thought maybe it was just because of the surgery to repair the atfl ligament.

This season is the first I’ve noticed the “bend” hunted with some buddies for elk in Wyoming and they said when I was walking I basically was rolling my ankles before my foot was on the ground.

Heel shift? Foot sliding? Common issue?

Here’s a pic after the 70 miles we put on in Wyoming.

Headed back the 14th for the rifle hunt to finish the tag out. I’ll be ordering new boots tomorrow.

1B86D055-EA12-4FE4-9E47-0E733A5DCCF5.jpeg

AZxp

FNG
I can't say I've ever seen tall kenetreks bend like that. Guessing you need a brace or tape to support your ankles. Don't think it's a boot issue

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
I can't say I've ever seen tall kenetreks bend like that. Guessing you need a brace or tape to support your ankles. Don't think it's a boot issue
Just a brace now on the left. Right ankle is gtg. Never worn a brace on the left until after this surgery.

ognennyy

FNG
I'm not sure what the ATFL ligament is or how large of a role it plays in our bio-mechanics. Nor do I know how invasive the surgery was, post-op PT requirements, general impact on the body, etc. etc. I don't know much about your situation.

In general though a surgery changes things, at least temporarily. It does feel like a situation where you're compensating for a change (likely a new skeleto-muscular pathway) and your boots are the writing on the wall.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
I'm not sure what the ATFL ligament is or how large of a role it plays in our bio-mechanics. Nor do I know how invasive the surgery was, post-op PT requirements, general impact on the body, etc. etc. I don't know much about your situation.

In general though a surgery changes things, at least temporarily. It does feel like a situation where you're compensating for a change (likely a new skeleto-muscular pathway) and your boots are the writing on the wall.
And definitely could be! If that’s the case though, I’m extremely surprised after two hunt they formed this way.

Im not bow legged, but on Facebook I posted this and one guy mentioned that inside the boot may be wider than I actually need and my feet are sliding while I’m side hilling creating myself to walk on the edges of the boots.

Not sure if that’s the case or what is. But I have ordered new boots thankfully

Wapiti1

WKR
I would also say that your gate has changed. May need to look at some good insoles to help stabilize your foot. Some of the semi-rigid ones like Sole, or superfeet.

Jeremy

ognennyy

FNG
New boots will be very informative and helpful. Either way man good luck, I hope the new boots work out and wish you a speedy recovery and return to mountaineering.