Kenetreks on Ebay

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone ever buy the "pre-owned" boots from Kennetrek on Ebay? They had a ton on there, and some look very used, and some look almost new. Just curious what that's about.

jolemons

WKR
My one experience with the brand was their Ebay sales. I bought the Bridger in new condition. During the first time I laced them, a speed lace popped off. I returned them and will probably never try that brand again. Probably a fluke, but it left a bad first impression.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Longrifle

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
My one experience with the brand was their Ebay sales. I bought the Bridger in new condition. During the first time I laced them, a speed lace popped off. I returned them and will probably never try that brand again. Probably a fluke, but it left a bad first impression.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oh that stinks. I assumed they had been repaired in some way or that there had been an issue for return prior to them selling them on Ebay. Event the really rough boots look like they have new lace hooks on them. I guess you didn't have any issue returning them?

Rock-o

WKR
I could be wrong but my guess is that *all* Ke*nn*etrek boots are fakes. Only Ke*n*etrek boots are the real McCoy.

Seriously though, good post topic. Curious and following.

OP
Longrifle

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
I could be wrong but my guess is that *all* Ke*nn*etrek boots are fakes. Only Ke*n*etrek boots are the real McCoy.

Seriously though, good post topic. Curious and following.

Hah! You're probably right. I fat-finger the spelling for sure. I got notification from Kenetrek about the sale on Ebay, and some looked really good and some looked like the ones on my back step covered in mud and leaves. Just curious about how they end up with all these HIGHLY used boots for resale.

I bought a pair of the Hardscrabble Hikers before that were preowned but new shape, no problems at all. I don't remember the exact price but it was a great deal. I also bought a preowned pair that didn't fit and I had no problem returning them to Kenetrek. You just have to keep your eyes open for a size that fits you on e-bay.

OP
Longrifle

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of the Hardscrabble Hikers before that were preowned but new shape, no problems at all. I don't remember the exact price but it was a great deal. I also bought a preowned pair that didn't fit and I had no problem returning them to Kenetrek. You just have to keep your eyes open for a size that fits you on e-bay.

That's good to hear that you had a good experience with them. Looks like you could really save some money there.

I looked through some of the pre owned high end boots on there. Some looked like they had never been touched. Others looked like they had been drug behind a truck. And people were asking $80 for them. Cracked leather and soles, holes worn in the leather etc. good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought some pre owned mountain extremes on there, they look really good too. They had a bunch of auctions going on at the same time. They will be here 1/7 I’ll let you know and try to post some pictures of what I wind up with.

OP
Longrifle

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought some pre owned mountain extremes on there, they look really good too. They had a bunch of auctions going on at the same time. They will be here 1/7 I’ll let you know and try to post some pictures of what I wind up with.

Nice. Yeah let usknow. Like was previously mentioned, I wonder if they're warranty repairs.

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
I have bought a few pairs of mountain extremes on there, never had issues. You can find good broke in ones or nearly new for a huge discount.

I got my boots today, you be the judge. I’d say they are well worth $192 after tax. They are in better shape than I expected for “pre owned”5CF3E40F-18D2-4E64-9FEC-A6EB10F77DBF.jpeg8D15AD4A-56C0-4431-B3A1-74118CB5D72E.jpeg6FD8E1FE-4B34-4A4B-9834-3324D22BEEAB.jpeg

Attachments

• 9126FA43-DBD3-476F-962C-BEF5F4073742.jpeg
    9126FA43-DBD3-476F-962C-BEF5F4073742.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 24
OP
Longrifle

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of hardscrabbles off thie ebay store. Like new and paid 150

Wow, really? The only ones I saw that cheap looked like they had 10,000 miles on them and stored wet. Lol What size were they? I did see some in great shape in unusual sizes.

I have bought (and sold) some footgear on eBay. Mostly danners in military styles. My experience is that you usually find the used stuff is authentic or clearance stuff someone is reselling. Most of the fake stuff on there is “fashion brand” knock offs. I can’t imagine there are a ton of people buying smallish hunting brand boots enough to make faking them worthwhile. Buy from a US seller with good feedback. Ask questions. Only really issue I have had is one or two pairs being a bit more worn out than I expected or shipping costs being fairly high, but in fairness, it can cost $20-25 to mail a pair of boots.

deerlick

FNG
Wow, really? The only ones I saw that cheap looked like they had 10,000 miles on them and stored wet. Lol What size were they? I did see some in great shape in unusual sizes.
size 10.5 couldn't believe it when they showed up and were in perfect shape. Ive worn them 2 seasons now all i did was put new insoles in them.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like you made out well! Congrats! The only thing I would suggest is getting some of their boot treatment and you'll be ready to go!