Kennetrek boots

netman

WKR
I’m looking to buy a pair of Kennetrek Mountain Extreme 13 wide uninsulated.
Where is the best price on these boots?
Kennetrek has them for $465.00
Any better pricing?
Thanks

There is a new pair on Ebay for $459. free shipping, but they do have a "Make offer" option. Try making an offer.
It is listed under Kenetrek Mountain Extreme size 13 wide. They are uninsulated and the seller is Scopelist-sales

youre gonna be paying well over 400 no matter where you go. MAKE SURE YOU TRY THEM ON AND SCRUTINIZE THEM WHEN YOU GET THEM. dont think they feel "good enough" because they are so expensive. i ordered Kenetreks since they are not carried in my area. after walking around in my house in them for an hour or so, i realized i made a wrong decision. went to send them back and had to pay 25 bucks return shipping and had to wait 2 weeks for the $465 refund on my credit card. really be set on kenetreks if you want them and do you best to get them in person if you have already tried them on. dont be afraid to try on other brands and see what else is out there. i ended up going to REI and getting a pair from a cheaper brand and i LOVE my boots and theyre way better than heavy kenetreks IMO for me. Kenetreks arnt always the answer just because theyre expensive and have good marketing.

There is a pair on Ebay for $459. free shipping, but they do have a "Make offer" option. Try making an offer.
It is listed under Kenetrek Mountain Extreme size 13 wide. They are uninsulated
thats a great idea. i got a tightspot quiver for 40 bucks off by throwing out a lowball offer that the seller dumbly accepted.

OP
netman

netman

WKR
Thanks guys!
Eartotheground I tried a pair on at a sporting goods store in Minnesota recently. They fit me very well. My wife told me she would buy them. I said I needed to think about it. I’ve been walking a lot lately getting ready for a trip and one of my ankles needs support. It’s getting naggy.
What boot did you go with at REI? I need a 10” boot.

PowellSixO

Lil-Rokslider
You won't be disappointed. Best boot, hands down, that I've ever owned. I went fly fishing last weekend, and forgot my waders. I stood in the river with my mountain extremes, for hours. Not a drop of water. Plus they're just super comfortable, and thus far have been very very durable. Good choice imho.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
I adore my MTN Extremes, but omg was the stock insole horrible. Arch was crazy high. Switched to sheepfeet, and together they're the best combo I could ever hope for

OP
netman

netman

WKR
Blackovis doesn’t play around. I ordered yesterday and they are already enroute.

keller

WKR
I changed insoles to sheep feet after 100 miles or so on original insoles right arch seemed too high. they felt better then after a hike through wet grass my left foot was wet.so I contacted kenetrek sent them in and see what happens.

Coltsp100

FNG
I’m looking to buy a pair of Kennetrek Mountain Extreme 13 wide uninsulated.
Where is the best price on these boots?
Kennetrek has them for $465.00
Any better pricing?
Thanks
I would get crispi if your looking to spend that much, lot better boot and they hold your ankle better. I have heard I lot of people have problems with heel slip in the kennetrek

OP
netman

netman

WKR
Colt I bought a pair of Kennetrek shortly after making that post. I walked several days putting on quite a bit of miles before heading out to Montana for archery elk.
I had them on when my mule off loaded me onto some boulders. I got my Achilles torn in half. I’ve not worn them since my surgery to repair the Achilles. I’m still in a walk cast.

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
Colt I bought a pair of Kennetrek shortly after making that post. I walked several days putting on quite a bit of miles before heading out to Montana for archery elk.
I had them on when my mule off loaded me onto some boulders. I got my Achilles torn in half. I’ve not worn them since my surgery to repair the Achilles. I’m still in a walk cast.
Damn, that took a turn for the worse! Sorry to hear about your injury. I was just searching on Rok for this boot to see if I should purchase it. I tried it on today at a local store and it fit great. Very little heal slippage.

Are there any other experiences with these boots?

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
I would get crispi if your looking to spend that much, lot better boot and they hold your ankle better. I have heard I lot of people have problems with heel slip in the kennetrek
I have heard that Crispi do not hold up near as well though... For that kind of price I would expect a boot to last for years. My feedback from a guide and store owner was that the Kennetrek could be the last boot you ever own. I'm just trying to get pointed in the right direction.