Kent faststeel 3.5's jamming

I also gave up on 3.5", now stick to 3"

Also quit buying Kent fast steel about 5 years ago. Maybe got a bad batch but did not pattern well out of my shotgun

Many of our clients and club members have switched from Kent to Hevishot as well. When you see a duck clearly hit and it continues to fly away, it makes you seriously take a look at what you are shooting through your shotgun. I will say it again........YOUR SHELLS ARE ONE OF THE Least Expensive Things You Buy In Order To HUNT...........I am not going to penny pinch on my shotgun shells.

Those poof of feather shots where people swear they hit them are fringe shots, generally from hitting behind the bird.

Heavier than steel loads come into play at further yardages. Most wing shooters can't consistently hit stuff past 27 yards.

Pattern what ever loads your going to use, then you will know it's the Indian and not the arrow.

Tex68w

WKR
I only shoot 3.5" shells on Sand Hill's and I only get on a dedicated SHC hunt once a season. I haven't had any issues with Kent 3.5's in any of my Benelli's (SBE1, SBE2, SV, SBE3) but like some other posters here, I am still working with Kent 3.5" shells I bought back in 2014 haha. For 99% of my waterfowl hunting I shoot 3" shells and rarely have an issue, I agree that this is really all one needs and should I shoot heavy/hot 3" shells with a full choke at SHC's I'll likely have the same success rate. I plan to test that theory this season and if successful I'll shoot through the rest of my 3.5" shells and refrain from buying anymore in the future. At the rate I am shooting them they could likely last a decade haha.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04