Kenton Industries?

ScoutOut

FNG
I am considering having Kenton Industries build a turret for a Vortex Viper HS. Has anyone had any experience with Kenton?

IDMONK

FNG
I just put a Kenton on a leupold vx-II, it’s seems like a nice quality part and works as advertised. 👍

BuckSnort

WKR
I think Kenton builds a great product.. The problem is that people order these turrets and install them on scopes that are not built to stand up to dial and or do not track accurately in the first place.. The best advice for ordering a custom turret from any company is to first conduct a tall target test and make sure your scope even tracks worth a damn..If it don't I wouldn't waste any money on custom turrets... I'm no expert but thats just my opinion but it may save you money and frustration..

Working for Leica, who does not make custom cut turrets, I have many customers order from them all of which have been extremely satisfied. They are all replacing our MILRAD based BDC turrets that are already designed for heavy dialing though. They make a very precise product based on the fact that the user actually does their homework on load and atmospherics. I don't have experience with the Viper or any other brand but mine, but would make sure that you do your own chronoing in the conditions that you desire it to be cut in first. Powder burn will certainly vary based on atmospheric conditions (not saying you haven't but just throwing that out there).

OP
S

ScoutOut

FNG
I appreciate the responses and advice. It all makes sense. I will do my homework and I think checking my zero at altitude once I arrive for the hunt will be the two most important things I can do.
Thanks again.

The main issues with dialing are 1) users not validating that their scopes track consistently and accurately and 2) users not collecting the required data and validating everything.

This is true for custom turrets, dialing cheat sheets, and ballistic calculators with all of the accessories.

SDHNTR

WKR
Very satisfied with them. They are as good as the info you provide to them.

Hi Garret,

Your scope has a bottle cap and needs a K.I Unit which can be found here on our website with attached photo.

What is the click value of your scope and how many clicks per turn or MOA per turn is it?

I can redo your order for half price as per our company policy.

Luke
Sales
877 536-8661

IMHO, Kenton knew this knob wouldn't fit when I ordered it.