Kentucky elk draw

Did anyone on here get drawn for the KY elk draw today? They went live at 1:00pm and I seen the archery, youth, and cow list which i was not on unfortunately but missed the rifle bull list which is what I was waiting for. Got pulled away right when they were drawing that. Anyone have the list? They aren't posting it until Wednesday or something.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
You can replay the video on their Facebook page. I don’t think I got drawn, takes a lot of patience to watch the whole thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n2mywake

FNG
A buddies son got drawn. I quit applying a few years back and just apply to Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
TonySkyline
You can replay the video on their Facebook page. I don’t think I got drawn, takes a lot of patience to watch the whole thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agree. I was losing my patience.

OP
TonySkyline
Just watched the part I missed. No good news for this guy. Looks like I got one more shot in PA in a couple months. Trying to get a tag somewhere closer to me so I could drive instead of flying. Hate they charge so damn much to ship or fly meat back.

OP
TonySkyline
I got drawn last year for a cow hunt in unit 5. Worse elk hunt ever! Never again.
Details? Why did it suck? They have over a 40% success rate supposedly which is way down from what it used to be. PA is the only place higher I believe. I have a feeling outfitters have most of the control in states like KY and PA.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I believe they announce the names in alphabetical order. The video is on YouTube, the news channels page. They sent out an email with the link. Drag through all the nonsense and stop on your letter for the 4 categories. Should take about 5 minutes max. No luck for me.

OP
TonySkyline
I think that was my 7th or 8th year trying and never got drawn. I guess it's cheap enough to justify it and keep trying but they mentioned something about doing something new. I think they will have a bonus points system soon. If they do, I hope they give points to people that have applied in the past consecutive years

jeffpg

WKR
I just checked my draw results in a matter of seconds... They send you a email with a "my profile" link you can click on. Last name, date of birth, and last 4 of your SSN and you're there.

I didn't draw

FLAK

WKR
I think that was my 7th or 8th year trying and never got drawn. I guess it's cheap enough to justify it and keep trying but they mentioned something about doing something new. I think they will have a bonus points system soon. If they do, I hope they give points to people that have applied in the past consecutive years

I did hear them say they were going to do something different next year.

satchamo

WKR
I got drawn last year for a cow hunt in unit 5. Worse elk hunt ever! Never again.

Dude, bad hunt or not, you are one of the fortunate few who has had a chance to hunt elk in the tail of the Appalachia’s which hasn’t happened since like Daniel Boone’s time.

I’ve been on the cow hunt with a buddy and it was a hard hunt but we found elk. And as a Midwest boy I was in lala land knowing we were chasing elk on oak and hickory covered mountains.

OP
TonySkyline
They actually have a draw? I thought it was just an annual $10 donation to Kentucky.
Lol. Sure feels like that! I did see alot of people with the same last names get drawn. 90% of draw goes to residents. Up to 10% NR. Kind of stupid if you want to bring revenue from people out of state but I suppose if you live there its good

smccardell

Lil-Rokslider
My son drew a youth tag three years ago on his first try. It’s a different hunt than from out west. It’s thick timber and mountainous and mostly private land. If anyone drew and wants the name of the best guide in the state let me know. We didn’t draw again this year but there’s always CO and PA plus ME moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TonySkyline
My son drew a youth tag three years ago on his first try. It’s a different hunt than from out west. It’s thick timber and mountainous and mostly private land. If anyone drew and wants the name of the best guide in the state let me know. We didn’t draw again this year but there’s always CO and PA plus ME moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was putting in for Vermont moose and then they stopped