Kentucky elk results

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
I had an archery bull tag a few years ago. I had a tag sandwich. Its not all rainbows and butterflies. Definitely a tough hunt! Ill be chasing them again with my buddy that drew an archery cow tag. I know some spots so hit me up if you need some info!

young7.3

WKR
I had an archery bull tag a few years ago. I had a tag sandwich. Its not all rainbows and butterflies. Definitely a tough hunt! Ill be chasing them again with my buddy that drew an archery cow tag. I know some spots so hit me up if you need some info!

What property type did you hunt? I had a archery bull tag last year and we were on Bulls every day. Tagged out on a 5x5 the second weekend. I was like a fat kid in a candy store coming from hunting them in the frank church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
What property type did you hunt? I had a archery bull tag last year and we were on Bulls every day. Tagged out on a 5x5 the second weekend. I was like a fat kid in a candy store coming from hunting them in the frank church.

Fat kid in a candy store! I love it man! I put in for the Hazard LEA which has quite a bit of public land and i even knew the area. Hell i even hunted it with a buddy a few years ago who had a cow tag and we saw a ton of elk and punched his tag. When i went turns out they were doing a cattle research project and the cows had pushed all the elk over onto private ground that an outfitter had leased. I got into elk a few times and came close but i just didnt make it happen. If i could go back and do anything different i would have not picked that LEA to hunt. I still had a blast even not punching my tag.

young7.3

WKR
Gotcha. That's unfortunate man, but that stuff does happen and typically it doesn't get posted so everyone can see. I applied to the Blue Diamond voucher property. My pops, girlfriend and I went down 2-3 weekends prior to season to scout. If the OP wants to send me a pm I'll give you more details. Here's a pic of the one I shot...at 5 yards!!!
5e59b1a4b17390ff0f0e0a15614f0a63.jpg

Guff

FNG
Young7 thats a great bull!! I hunted Blue Diamond a few years ago and really struggled to find elk. I found them one morning and a guide blew the bull out on purpose.

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
Man I've heard of that happening. I've also heard of the outfitters pushing them off public land onto their leases with quads. I do know they cracked down big time on the outfitters down there. Apparently there was a lot of shady shit going down between a fish and wildlife official and some outfitters. They just filed charges on the fish and wildlife guy a few months ago.

young7.3

WKR
Man I've heard of that happening. I've also heard of the outfitters pushing them off public land onto their leases with quads. I do know they cracked down big time on the outfitters down there. Apparently there was a lot of shady shit going down between a fish and wildlife official and some outfitters. They just filed charges on the fish and wildlife guy a few months ago.

Hmmm, that's very interesting. If you know who the fish and wildlife guy that was charged, and don't mind sharing, PM me his name. Blue Diamond is 60,000 acres and the locals ride their quads on it ALL the time! I think the elk are used to it to be honest.

Healthyhunter, message me and I'll give you some info on a couple spots to check out.

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm, that's very interesting. If you know who the fish and wildlife guy that was charged, and don't mind sharing, PM me his name. Blue Diamond is 60,000 acres and the locals ride their quads on it ALL the time! I think the elk are used to it to be honest.

Healthyhunter, message me and I'll give you some info on a couple spots to check out.

Ya man I don't know any names. I heard that it wasn't just one that there was several that got into some shit.