Kentucky elk results

If anyone happened to apply for an elk permit in Kentucky, the results were just posted online. No luck for me or my wife.

OP
thedeerhunter9
I think there were a total of 710 permits and only 70 non-residents drew permits.

My buddy and I both struck out (both NR). They issued ~200 fewer permits this year from what I heard -- that doesn't help anyone's odds!

No luck for me either. 8 years of applying and never been drawn. Oh well, its cheap enough and if I ever get drawn its only a 4 hour drive to hunt. Kentucky will keep,getting my money.

Stan

FNG
No luck here either 7th year applying. I live right across the State line from Pike and its almost torture to watch some of the monsters out and about on the strip jobs over on the other side of Pound. We used to be able to hunt them on a deer tag in Virginia no more of that in my county or Dickenson or Buchannon though.

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
No luck again, I have a baby coming in July so it's probably a good thing they didn't draw my name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnOyster

WKR
I didn't get it either but a few of my friends did, one of the kids I coached highschool football is now playing at WKU got drawed cow firearm, asked if I could find out anything on knowing where to go. any info from any of you guys would be apprieciated, planning on going with him try to help him out. another guy I went to highschool with drew bull archery and an old family friend drew bull firearm. looks like i'll be going west for mine.

Anyone planning on going out west now that they didnt draw?
I was going to colorado regardless of the results of the Kentucky draw. It's so difficult to draw a Kentucky tag I never make any of my plans around the Kentucky drawing. The way I look at it, if I do happen to luck up and draw one day, I'll make the trip happen regardless of what else I have planned.

RdRdrFan

WKR
No dice.....as expected.

Can't complain though. I'll be spending 10 days in late September chasing bulls in the Valle Vidal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They told me I was a loser again this year. Seems like resident and non-resident tags were down this year. I've been applying for several years with no luck. Hell, I don't even know anyone who's drawn an elk tag. I guess I don't have enough friends. I'll be spending my money out west again this year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
I crapped out. That makes 8 years in a row.

However, bestest buddy & fellow Rokslider Ethan drew an archery cow tag (the ass....) so I guess I'll get to experience what packing an elk feels like. With any luck!

Looks like I wont be making the trip out west this year... I drew a Kentucky bull archery tag!!!! I think the lord was smiling down on me