Kentucky Elk tag!!!

ethan

WKR
I've hunted elk in Oregon, Utah, and Colorado. But I just found out today that I'll be chasing them in Kentucky this year! I found out today that I was successfully drawn and can't wait until fall...even more so than usual!

pwsINC

WKR
Congrats! Such a neat history and story of conservation you get to be a part of! Hope we hear or see more of the hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well....I think you're living large. Might be overdoing it a little, but what the heck, right?

I always did wonder what it sounds like to hear a big bull bugling far up a holler. ;)

NDGuy

WKR
What are the drawing odds for NR? Couldn't find them on the website. Looks like 70 NRs were drawn this year tho.

ncstewart

WKR
I don't think Kentucky post them but it's like 1 in 750 I think for a bull. I figured it a couple years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ethan

ethan

WKR
Thanks guys! I'll definitely have a follow up on the hunt! Not sure what the odds are, I couldn't find them either.

pwsINC

WKR
I thought there were around 9,000 applicants last year. But I could be mistake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
Congrats! I'm a resident and drew a cow archery tag last year. Shoot me a pm and I'll help you all I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
So will you be with an outfitter? Or are there enough public areas with elk to have a chance for success? Hunted on kY public for years but never saw an elk. Good luck!

OP
ethan

ethan

WKR
I've actually drawn a cow tag, but I'm totally cool with that! I will be going DIY