Kentucky Elk

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
Yes Sekora is correct. PA is not a PP state. It is bonus points. ie. Your name gets put in the draw based on how many bonus points you have. I'm at 12 Bonus Points and still have not sniffed a tag. The other statements are true though, the Elk in PA are huge. 6 X 6's are little compared to whats running around that state. I think the state record is something in the 460's !!

Agross

WKR
I drew a Ky. bull tag on my first try! 3 years ago. Three year waiting period.... planning on drawing another this year! Hadn't heard anything about the once in a lifetime change, but they let me apply. Two of my boys are in for all the youth tags, they're first big game draws and they are pumped!! Results should be out this week!

I know this is an old post , but how did you do?

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
Got a decent one on the next to last day. Hunted real hard and it wasn't easy!

stonewall

WKR
Friend of mine drew that tag in the early days. Shot a 4 point on I think the first day (early in hunt). He knows he should have been patient. He didn’t know at the time it was basically a once in a lifetime event.

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Kentucky and I’ve drawn a cow tag and an archery bull tag. It’s not worth it. Complete hassle with dick head outfitters. I’ve heard some guys have good hunts that have drawn the Limited entry areas with public ground but it’s a complete shit show. Both my tags were unfilled. I drive to Wyoming and hunt when I draw a tag or Idaho every year and I’ll never put in for Kentucky again. Sad thing to say when I live in a state with elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send them your $10 and then forget about it........ Agree with the going out west comment......... Beautiful scenery - really physically demanding........ worth every minute of preparation......... Good Luck

fatlander

WKR
This thread reminded me to apply. I’m heading west no matter what, but it sure would be nice to do some elk hunting 5 hours from home.

pirogue

WKR
The odds percent is about the same percent of the state’s land that is public and has elk.

Ultraheight

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone has a Kentucky OR PA tag and needs elk guidance/or someone to call, I'm happy to *tag* along. Also will volunteer as camp chef. Ex-elk guide here who moved east with an itch

Gen273

WKR
I live in KY, and I apply every year to no avail. I have my fingers crossed again this year. However, I have had three friends who have been drawn through the years.

TravisIN

WKR
Just realized the draw results are on my birthday this year. Maybe it’ll happen!