Kentucky Rut Dates

OK_hunter

FNG
I am thinking about going up to Kentucky in 2019 for a deer hunt. Can anyone tell me what the typical rut dates are in the state for each region? What kind of pressure should I expect during the archery/muzzleloader/gun seasons on public land? I am not going to post what areas I am looking at, but I would most likely go to some of the larger public land units and walk in quite a way if that gets me away from the pressure. Should I expect a lot of ATV traffic on the WMA or NF areas? Are there any areas I should avoid? If you want offer advice on certain areas I would be happy to discuss through PM or on the phone.

Grumman

WKR
In northern KY they were rutting really good on November 9th for this years modern gun. Typically the rut has been a little later though. I’ve never hunted public ground but in general ATVs are very popular. I’m from KY but now live in AL. Not sure I’m much help but PM me if you need anything. Kentucky has some great whitetail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolando

FNG
I hunt in Muhlenburg co, and this year I think things were a little earlier than normal. Our best day for sightings of mature bucks was Nov 8. We usually take our "rutcation" the 2 or 3 days before rifle opens through a few days of rifle. This year was Nov 8-13. I think the abundant acorn crop didn't help our sightings either. 2018 was the worst season I've had here in 8 years.