Kentucky, Southern Indiana or SW Ohio roksliders?

Winchester KY here. If anyone wants to public land bow hunt or hit up lake Cumberland for some smallmouth holler at me.

Grumman

WKR
Winchester KY here. If anyone wants to public land bow hunt or hit up lake Cumberland for some smallmouth holler at me.

Ahh home of the Ale-8, love that stuff. I’m taking my son to Cumberland on Sunday to fish for stripers. He lives to fish but I suck at it. Smallmouth would be a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally from eastern ky but here in Winchester for the time being. They can be fickle on Cumberland but I’ve finally got pretty consistent at catching good fish there. If you want to go sometime let me know. March is lights out there.

Grumman

WKR
Originally from eastern ky but here in Winchester for the time being. They can be fickle on Cumberland but I’ve finally got pretty consistent at catching good fish there. If you want to go sometime let me know. March is lights out there.

Hey thanks I’d like to do that sometime. My boy had a great time last weekend at Cumberland. He caught a 30” striper and some catfish. The guide made it fun for a relatively tough day of fishing.

Hey thanks I’d like to do that sometime. My boy had a great time last weekend at Cumberland. He caught a 30” striper and some catfish. The guide made it fun for a relatively tough day of fishing.

Fishing should be getting hot in the next month again on cland

Matt G.

WKR
Bumping this back up. Any one planning Co or other trips for 2024? I am in the Cincinnati area

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome Pmringer! What are your hunting and outdoor goals this year?

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
Legislation impacting wildlife management:

Senate Bill 3 introduced by Senator Howell from Murray, KY would place KDFWR under KY department of agriculture.

This will have wide ranging, long term implications for hunting and fishing regulation, funding, and most importantly, wildlife populations. It will impact you if you hunt KY. Here are helpful links so you can learn about it.

Jim Strader (Apple podcast link)
League of Kentucky Sportsmen
Howl for Wildlife
Cal from MeatEater (another podcast)
Kentucky Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Grumman

WKR
I just submitted comment per one of the links and already got what looks like a legit reply from State Senator Stephen Meredith. He said he voted no in the senate last Friday but it passed 16-20. He said he is urging the House to not pass it.

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know. I just emailed my state rep Kim King.

These were my points:
NO to SB3!
No state ag department manages wildlife because wildlife management goals are distinct from ag goals and funding comes from hunters and anglers.
Hunters have never asked for state funding. We ask for an independent commission appointed by the governor and approved by the senate funded by hunters that will preserve wildlife for future generations of Kentuckians.