Kestrel 5700 elite applied ballistics w/ link

willidru

WKR
Is there a better long ranger ballistic solver? Technology always seems to be getting better, but over the last couple years it’s been the most complete solver I have found for long range hunting/shooting.

For me what separates the Kestrel is the wind capability. Anything game changing that I’m missing out on.

skierhs

WKR
Ehhh, it depends what your looking for and what form factor you want. I personally use a fortrex 701 with AB and prefer that for the way I hunt and how I use my system. I am a big fan of the AB software but I know others who prefer a difrent solver. If your looking for a windreading integrated solver than thats bassically what I would sugest.

OP
willidru

willidru

WKR
Ehhh, it depends what your looking for and what form factor you want. I personally use a fortrex 701 with AB and prefer that for the way I hunt and how I use my system. I am a big fan of the AB software but I know others who prefer a difrent solver. If your looking for a windreading integrated solver than thats bassically what I would sugest.
Had not really explored the fortrex, I did look at the garmin tactics delta watch. I thought it was more of cool factor than giving me a functional benefit to my current solvers (kestrel and StrelokPro). So many options, just seems like wind function sets kestrel apart.

skierhs

WKR
Had not really explored the fortrex, I did look at the garmin tactics delta watch. I thought it was more of cool factor than giving me a functional benefit to my current solvers (kestrel and StrelokPro). So many options, just seems like wind function sets kestrel apart.
I like the 701 for what I use it for. It does what I need and more as a solver. I think the delta watch is much more of a cool factor than practical from what I’ve seen. I still use a kestral though. I like being able to set two different winds so I know my wind speed drift and my max gust drift. That way I can figure out what wind I want to hold for my shots (most of my hunting shots are over 400 yards)

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there a better long ranger ballistic solver? Technology always seems to be getting better, but over the last couple years it’s been the most complete solver I have found for long range hunting/shooting.

For me what separates the Kestrel is the wind capability. Anything game changing that I’m missing out on.

Yes, the new 5700x. It’s the same as the elite but with faster software. Other than that, no. There are some good solvers out there don’t get me wrong, but I put the kestrel 5700 elite at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk