Kestrel options

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everybody, I was looking at buying a kestrel but am having a hard time deciding on which model. I was just checking to see if anyone has any experience with them with good/bad. I also have a question on the use of one. Since i don't have a chrono I was wondering if its possible to type in MOA ranges with my bullet grain/coefficient. For example i have every MOA yardage out to 700 yards in 100 yard increments. I was just wondering if i could put in caliber, bullet type, and coefficient if it would do the rest out for wind/further ranges, without the chrono fps. I do have a general idea "shooting berger ammo." If i do need a chrono its not that big of a deal i could just borrow one for a day.

freebird

WKR
Would there be any benefit to getting a kestrel 5700 elite with link when a person already has a sig 2400ABS?

Tacos

FNG
Hey everybody, I was looking at buying a kestrel but am having a hard time deciding on which model. I was just checking to see if anyone has any experience with them with good/bad. I also have a question on the use of one. Since i don't have a chrono I was wondering if its possible to type in MOA ranges with my bullet grain/coefficient. For example i have every MOA yardage out to 700 yards in 100 yard increments. I was just wondering if i could put in caliber, bullet type, and coefficient if it would do the rest out for wind/further ranges, without the chrono fps. I do have a general idea "shooting berger ammo." If i do need a chrono its not that big of a deal i could just borrow one for a day.
You can reverse engineer your dope in the Kestrel without a chrono to figure out your velocity.