Kestrel question

kickemall

WKR
I just purchased a Kestrel 5700 with link. I can link to my phone which has the applied ballistics ap. I'm wondering if I should send back the Kestrel and spend the extra $300 to get the Elite 5700 with AB and link so I don't need to use my phone and one less thing to deal with. I know I can also pay the money and download the AB to the one I have but since I have it if I'm going to get AB I'd rather just get the Elite if for no other reason than re-sale value. Also, I don't believe the elite with AB will do anything that the 5700 will not do as long as your sending the info to the AB app but if someone knows different let me know.

davsco

WKR
i have an older kestrel that just has bluetooth. i use that to update the Shooter app on my phone with the atmospherics (density altitude mostly). easy peasy and i'll just update it a couple of times a day. phone is way easier to work with than the smaller kestrel incl larger screen size. so i'd keep what you got and just use your kestrel to shoot atmospherics to your phone's program.

Goose2345

FNG
I would go ahead and get the elite I was in the same boat as you and kept the 5700 then after a year bought the elite! I mainly wanted the applied ballistics portion of the elite I like that I can use there custom drag models seems to produce good data. And I really like the range card feature for hunting it makes it very fast to have a range card pulled up rather then have to scroll up or down to the range to get your data! Especially on a quick shot or a moving animal that your waiting for to stop it’s pretty easy to just look at the range card when he finally stops without having to make any changes to the kestrel. Just my opinion of course either one will serve you well!