Keto help

Magnum61

Lil-Rokslider
Cutting anything sweet, all dairy, and combining intermittent fasting was the edge for me. Still is.

From all of the research I’ve done - Keto & Intermittent fasting should go together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add to that - I found controlling the portion size of meat to be very beneficial. I found that that staying to 8-10oz a serving is the sweet spot. Go over that and weight problems showed up. Go under that and gains slowed with workouts.

I’m now to the point of my first/midday meal is heavier with meats and fats and my evening meal is heavy greens with oil/vinegar and avocados, to help boost testosterone and growth hormone overnight.

OP
bowkill02

bowkill02

Lil-Rokslider
Well today I fasted until 11am. The only thing I did different from other days is I didn't add coconut oil to my morning coffee. 16hrs with no food or calories wasn't that bad. But for lunch today I left out the chicken thigh . My lunch was 1 whole avacado, 1cup cooked spinach, and 1oz sharp cheese. I did wash it down with a hot green tea and 1tbs coconut oil. I don't feel bloated at all.
One other side note I should mention is I e been slamming water. More water than normal. I even Included a pinch of pink hymalaian salt to a bottle. You guys and your experiances ad advice are very Incouraging. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Magnum61

Lil-Rokslider
Well today I fasted until 11am. The only thing I did different from other days is I didn't add coconut oil to my morning coffee. 16hrs with no food or calories wasn't that bad. But for lunch today I left out the chicken thigh . My lunch was 1 whole avacado, 1cup cooked spinach, and 1oz sharp cheese. I did wash it down with a hot green tea and 1tbs coconut oil. I don't feel bloated at all.
One other side note I should mention is I e been slamming water. More water than normal. I even Included a pinch of pink hymalaian salt to a bottle. You guys and your experiances ad advice are very Incouraging. Thank you

Amazing, great work! To be frank, there are many details to eating like this that are rarely shared that make it work at its best.

The big hurdle is getting 21 days of consistency. Making it a habit gives you the strength to take it where it actually needs to be. And that next step is a lot easier.

OP
bowkill02

bowkill02

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the suggestion bushguy but I don't have FB. I did a Google search last night and I did see alot of success stories.

Magnum61

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the suggestion bushguy but I don't have FB. I did a Google search last night and I did see alot of success stories.

This is what I’ve followed for a year now and it’s been a deep dive and an education into the details. Hopefully that helps. There is A LOT there.

ChrisS

WKR
Just remember, keto isn't magic. Calories in and calories out still matters and real weight loss still takes time. I've found the greatest benefit to keto is not feeling as hungry, which in turns allows me to eat a lot fewer calories.

Big fast weight losses happen, but a lot don't as well. Everybody's reactions are a little different.

KurtR

WKR
Been following Dolces principals and since march 25 th down 13 pounds eating all kind of food and not hungry more energy than ever. started at 195 at 6'. Tried keto didnt work as i was tired and hungry. Long weighted hikes would kick my ass

ChrisA

WKR
Just remember, keto isn't magic. Calories in and calories out still matters and real weight loss still takes time. I've found the greatest benefit to keto is not feeling as hungry, which in turns allows me to eat a lot fewer calories.

Big fast weight losses happen, but a lot don't as well. Everybody's reactions are a little different.
Yes, have to be careful of portion sizes and grabbing too many handfuls of cashews

Comerade

FNG
My daughter sells the stuff, I take the opposite view...I love noodles and I burn them up with lots of cardio.
I avoid deep fried foods, I think the deep fryer is making people sick, not so much what you put in it.
No gravy, no pork or refined sugar.
Good beer is a great way to hydrate at the end of a hunt...my little old opinion, still hunting the mountains at 61.

Agreed.

Go into it balls deep. Kicking the sweet tooth is the key. I went way higher on protein and lost a ton of weight.....like 120lbs.

The first month was rough. But after I gave up sweet flavored stuff regardless of how organic or fiber rich it's supposed to be. ...it came off.

In the last 2 months I've been using erythratol (sp) and it stopped my weight loss cold.
It might not be that. I lost 30 lbs on keto using erythritol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
bowkill02

bowkill02

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the feed back guys. I just got back from a family vacation and was pleasantly suprised I'm down to 212. I started 2 weeks ago incorporating apple cider vinegar pills to my diets. At first they seemed to make me sick. But now I don't notice a difference. I believe once I started cutting some proteins out of my diet I started feeling a difference. This has turned out to be alot of trial and error. I did splurge this morning, I had 3 pancakes made from nut flour with real butter and some sugar free syrup. They tasted great but man are they sitting heavy on my gut.

gijosh316

FNG
Wow, sounds like I'm doing keto way different than some folks. So, I'll just state my experience with keto. I was almost 260 lbs at age 33 and the doctor was suggesting surgery for my back and neck pain. I had leukemia as a child and while radiation didn't cure that (another story for another time) it sure made life harder from that point on and made me skeptical of traditional medical ideas. So, I wasn't on board with this spinal surgery idea.

I discovered keto and at the same time began a daily habit of stretching. I lost 50 lbs within a couple of months which allowed me to sleep better, took away almost all of the inflammation I had in my joints, made the back pain disappear, and gave me a lot more energy. I ended up getting into Brazilian jiu-jitsu which further improved my health.

That said, I do not count calories at all. I make sure my macros hang around 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs. I eat a lot of greens to keep my vitamins and minerals up naturally and carbs are fine if it's coming from something high in fiber. No fast food of course, sodas, alcohol, etc.

Anyway, I'm not a scientist or doctor. That's just what I do and what it's done for me. Bad diet, low activity, and all the unnatural crap that is put into our food in my opinion is what was killing me.

Cdgvd6

FNG
What are you doing exercise wise and how is your sleep? Diet is a huge part, but each of those also have to be dialed in.

You must remember with Keto that yes you will lose fat, but you are also retaining lean muscle mass as your body is using fuel much more efficiently. I was doing keto combined with OMAD and although my cal intake was greatly reduced, my muscle mass was retained and gained without even doing any heavy lifting, just circuit training and cardio. It's a wonderful combination.