Ketogenic meal plans - What do you do in the backcountry?

The meal plan has 4 daily meals with recipes that are exceptionally filling, and each meal is distributed equally in calories for maximum satisfaction. the 4 meals equally split the total calories (i.e. 400 calories +/- for each meal for a 1600 calorie meal plan). Therefore each meal is more fulfilling and eating 4 meals is far less time-consuming (think about it, you prepare 2 fewer meals each day).

The meal plan has 4 daily meals with recipes that are exceptionally filling, and each meal is distributed equally in calories for maximum satisfaction. the 4 meals equally split the total calories (i.e. 400 calories +/- for each meal for a 1600 calorie meal plan). Therefore each meal is more fulfilling and eating 4 meals is far less time-consuming (think about it, you prepare 2 fewer meals each day).
1600 calories dosen't seem like enough. This plan sounds more theoretical than reality.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Have any of you ever tried the Keto Brick?
I just tried one recently. It seems like it would be perfect for taking on a trip. It tastes pretty bland, and doesn't give you a whole lot of satisfaction while you're eating it, but it does give you what you need.

Trial153

WKR

Use promo code #Starveinthebackcountry

renagde

WKR
I just tried one recently. It seems like it would be perfect for taking on a trip. It tastes pretty bland, and doesn't give you a whole lot of satisfaction while you're eating it, but it does give you what you need.

I reverse engineered the recipe and built some myself for a lot less than buying them. I think I might make a bunch and try them out this fall.

I reverse engineered the recipe and built some myself for a lot less than buying them. I think I might make a bunch and try them out this fall.
I've made them as well. The ones I've made don't hold together at room temperature. Did you figure out how to get them to bind together?

success

WKR

I can’t figure out what product or meal plan you are referring to.

I’ve been keto while backpack hunting for the past few years and these F Bombs are some of the best snacks I’ve found.

Attachments

• 4FD083C8-32E5-4732-906E-119BEBC2CC67.jpeg
    4FD083C8-32E5-4732-906E-119BEBC2CC67.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 55

Firemedic710

Lil-Rokslider
Look into making pemmican. A easy diy recipe is grind jerky up and mix equal part fat by weight. You can make it with tallow bacon grease and even coconut oil.

Have any of you ever tried the Keto Brick?
I have! The dude who makes them is super good dude, @Ketosavage on IG.

They’re probably better for someone who is fat-adapted. I didn’t like the flavor, since it wasn’t nearly as sweet as I’d expected and kinda protein powdery I’m texture. They are pretty susceptible to temperature changes so if it’s super hot or super cold they’re not ideal right now. He’s working on new packaging that should fix that problem though.

All this said, it’s a kick@$$ product if you find a flavor you like.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Been doing the Keto for 2 months. Down 24lbs. Great to see this thread to get some ideas.

Ram94

WKR
My daily meal plan consists of:

-1 Bag Moon Cheese
-1 Next Mile Meals
-2 Scoops Ketosys Powder
-Mixed Nuts with extra dark chocolate (1 cup)
-2 Good Fat bars
-1 Bag Bacon Jerky

This puts me in at 3892 calories/day and 1.5 lbs/day.

Ram94

WKR
Are you make the bacon jerky and good fat bars yourself? Or is this a product you buy?
They are products you buy.

I'm sure both of these products could be closely copied at home, however I'm not much of a baker/cook.

Awesome Thread! I have been doing Keto for about 2 years and dehydrate/make my own meals. In my opinion fat burning is the way to go in the backcountry. Olive oil and ghee are your best friend.

rodney482

WKR
Ditch Low carb on your hunt!!! Not like your going to gain weight elk hunting