Kiddo bows

Yukondog

WKR
I have 7 and 5 year old boys. I need some help with finding a good bow that will grow with them. What are you guys using? What are the pros and cons with your kiddo bows? What arrows are you having your kids shot? I'm willing to spend the money if I know it will last and be a quality rig for them.

Thanks for the help!

Matt

depending on what they can pull I would suggest the Diamond Atomic 6-29 lbs or the Hoyt Rukus 10-40 lbs, or 20-50 lbs. just bought the Atomic for my 4 yr old and at 10 lbs it flings an arrow pretty good. for her i just use the arrows that came with it but for the Rukus I would look into the Easton Excel arrows.

J-Daddy

WKR
My middle daughter is 11 and has a pink Athens Protege and she's shooting Victory Jr. arrows out of it....Nice little bow with alot of adjustment.

dcestnik

Lil-Rokslider
At that age it might be tough finding a bow that will grow with them. Genesis bows are popular and you wont have to adjust anything. Our archery range here lends them with nasp arrows to youth shooters. After age 7 or 8 Bear and others have a lot more to offer. My cousin's 7 yr old kid has one of the Bear packages and it zips arrows surprisingly fast. Before that he had a Bear scout and it was enough to entertain him but it wasnt the grouse/jack rabbit slaying machine that his new bow is.

OR Archer

WKR
Mission Menace. 17-30 inches in draw length adjustment and 15-50 lbs in draw weight adjustment. The hardest thing I see with setting up kids at that age is the physical weight of the bow. A lot of kids just arent used to holding that weight up so they'll compensate by leaning.

dcestnik nailed it. The Genesis bow, by Mathews, was designed as a bow that would grow with a kid. It is actually a bow that the whole family can use. They come in several colors and a camo version as well. This link will get you started. No need to buy an expensive bow for them or one that will only work for little folks.

http://genesisbow.com/genbow/index.html

Jackelope

Lil-Rokslider
Mission Menace. 17-30 inches in draw length adjustment and 15-50 lbs in draw weight adjustment. The hardest thing I see with setting up kids at that age is the physical weight of the bow. A lot of kids just arent used to holding that weight up so they'll compensate by leaning.

I just bought a Mission Menace for my wife. My daughter is 4 now...in a couple years when/if my wife wants to upgrade, I'll give the Menace to my kid and let her learn on that. The progressive draw weight thing is neat. My wife is shooting 38# at 27".

B

bearguide

you can pick up old browning micro eclipse or micro midus, bows on ebay for cheap. they have tons of adjustment in length and poundage. i bought one for my 10 year old girl for 40.00 with quiver sight rest ready to shoot.

B

bearguide

micro eclipse is a small size bow that will go from 20 lbs to 47