Kidney stone

MikeyJG62

FNG
I’ve had the same procedure as you, buckshotaz, but there were two attractive nurses. I’ve also had stents that I had to remove myself. That meant when I woke up from the surgery, there was a string hanging out of me. For the entire time it was in, I felt like I had to pee. Then, after the appropriate amount of time, I got to grad the string and pull out the stent. It actually was a much better experience than having them have to go in and remove it. The thing that shocked me is the string and stent were about 15” long.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
I was 15 years old and out pheasant hunting with my dad when he got one. I got to drive for the 1st time! About a half hour to the ER.
He had one before, told me I had to learn how to drive or shoot him and put him out of his misery. He was about half joking!

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Asking for a friend, what should you have done instead of stopping dead?
Tapered down over a period of a few days at least. That way my body would've settled into the adjustment & reduction, rather than trying to hang on to everything that was still in there.
It was recommended to me, that what I should've done, rather than going from an average 8 (that's probably on the low side, honestly) units per day to 0, would be to drop by 1 unit per day until I hit zero. Harder to do, I'm told, but puts far, far less stress on your insides. And brain.

Last edited: