Kids Binoculars

TheCougar

WKR
Leupold BX-4 8x42s. They were a little spendy - I think I got them for $350, but they also qualify as “backup” binos in case I have an issue on a hunt or if I have a guest hunter who needs some binos. They are good enough for me to use on a hunt and are a really good value at that price. I would recommend 8x though, as they can’t hold them still enough for 10x. My oldest two are 12 and 10.

Firehawk

WKR
We bought some Vortex Raptor porro prism binos that were 6.5x32 iirc. They are a nice little bino that provide a surprisingly good view. Couldn't find any of the Yosemite when I was looking or I would have bought them.

drmatara

FNG
We got a Yosemite 6x30 when he was 8. it can be made to fit children's faces, It was perfect for him, it is easy to handle and the images it produces are very bright.

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Maven C2 7x28 is another option. Lifetime warranty as well.

And as long as you are getting something with the lifetime warranty I’d try to buy it used in great condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I got for my almost 6 year old son. They make good binos for the glovebox when he’s not using them.

I picked up 2 pairs of Opticron Savanahs for my kids. You can get them in 6x and 8x and much like the Leupold Yosemite. I am a fan of Opticron glass and have 1 of their spotters. Can usually find them for around $100. To be honest not sure they would negatively impact the outcome of 1 of my elk hunts.

matt77

FNG
As others have said, my kids beat the snot out of my vortex diamondbacks. They just need a little cleaning every once in a while.

Don’t laugh but the Steiner hunting or military binos are great, as the porro vs roof prism they are brighter than most roof prisms in their price range. they stay in focus with no knob at all ranges which is easy for kids, no fooling around. i used 8x30s, but the 6x30s are great woods binos , both super easy to get behind and have good glass, not great but good.

you can get them cheap as refurbs from Steiner or on fleebay.

MtnMuley

WKR
Although OP is a nightmare these days with Covid, they've had specials offering their own color of Virtex Diamondback HDs in a Vortex cheat harness. At $149, I feel this was the best option for kids or new hunters.

Passed down my original Vortex Diamondbacks 10x42. Had got them out of the bargain cave at Cabelas well under 200. Lifetime warranty hard to beat with a kids bino.

My daughter uses a set of the newer Swaro CL Companion 8x30s I have. They work great. I got my mom a set for Christmas since she likes watching birds.

Trial153

WKR
@gr8fuldoug just hooked me with a pair of argos for my son. At that price and with his Recommendation its no brainer.

Whats also a no brainer is buying optics from Doug. You would be hard pressed to find better service.