Kids first vehicle……

bozeman

WKR
Mine was a bus until I graduated HS…..my uncle loaned me a small Toyota 2wd pick up, 3 diff colors blue…….got my first real job and bought a Honda Accord. Had it for a few years and then my first truck. While my kiddos will work, I do hope to be able to provide them a decent vehicle for their Sr year and college.

Just fought getting my daughter a car around Christmas. Couldn’t have been harder to find something decent, but luckily a friend had one and we made a really good deal.

Mine was a 1986 Chevy Cavalier named Edna. That bitch was ugly and she wouldn’t die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusader

WKR
1975 VW Rabbit, orange with a hand-cranked sunroof. Got it in 1979 during college. Good, cheap transportation. Spring breaks to Florida. More than once hauled in the back seat a harvested whitetail from our farm in Missouri to apartment in Oklahoma during grad school. Basically had no money, lived on the meat. Those were the days....

Azone

WKR
03 Sierra Z71 extended cab I got off a ag company with 180K and change on the odometer when I was 18. They said the tranny was slipping so they gave me a good deal on it, picked it up for 4K after I mustered up my best used car buying skills. It was from a farmer I had known for a while and he was nice enough to carry the note for me, paid him off ASAP!
I fixed and replaced a lot of parts on that truck, motor included but that tranny never failed. I beat the absolute shit out of that truck between being young and dumb and hunting. It now sits at my shop awaiting its fate with the scrap yard. Rode hard and put away wet, but some great times were had in it.

Spud82

FNG
72 Ford Maverick. $1215. Dad loaned me his credit card to fill it up the first time. I had spent all my money.

1982 Toyota truck. No power, no room for a pile of kids. But it had 4 low and good rubber which made a great hunting rig

My first was a ‘66 mustang. I loved that car and then my dad lit it on fire. I had to rebuild most of the engine and I could never get it back to what it was. Sold it for an 89 single cab ranger. That thing was bombproof.