Kids pants

Pgohil

WKR
Looking for recommendations. My daughter is 10 and is spending more and more time beating through the brush with me. Her pants however are not holding up. Her entire wardrobe consists of jeans and leggings. I'm looking for some type of hiking pant that would be tough enough to help with the briders and brush, yet light enough for extended hiking..

Appreciate all input thanks.

Interested to hear answers to this as well! My son could use a pair of good hiking pants

P Carter

WKR
Columbia has some models that work reasonably well at an ok price. Same with under armour.

May daughter has these: https://www.columbia.com/p/girls-si...le-pants-1887431.html?dwvar_1887431_color=466

Son has these:

and

Felix40

WKR
I want to see the suggestions too. My son has some wrangler cargo pants that are pretty good but I think they have stopped making them. I can’t bring myself to put him in cotton with the way he always ends up getting wet.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
This may get a few eye rolls but I couldn’t recommend the Sitka Scrambler enough. I bought ours off of the Rokslide Classifieds about five years ago. As Aubrey has grown we’ve let the hems out and the stretchy waist has been great. They still look brand new and they’ll go to another lucky kid when we’re done with them this year. Unfortunately Sitka seems to never have kids clothes in stock so finding them elsewhere would be best.

de2960b556ad7673dd7e74b53ee3f935.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbob

WKR
This may get a few eye rolls but I couldn’t recommend the Sitka Scrambler enough. I bought ours off of the Rokslide Classifieds about five years ago. As Aubrey has grown we’ve let the hems out and the stretchy waist has been great. They still look brand new and they’ll go to another lucky kid when we’re done with them this year. Unfortunately Sitka seems to never have kids clothes in stock so finding them elsewhere would be best.

de2960b556ad7673dd7e74b53ee3f935.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, great pants. My son wore his for three years, letting the hems out as he grew. These pants will be passed down to his sister now and they are in great shape. The pants are a little warmer for hot weather hiking though.

Also, they are no longer on Sitka's website so I think they stopped making them.

Kuiu makes some kid's pants as well but I have no experience with them.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Appreciate everyone's reply. Ended up getting a pair of Columbia pants for my daughter from Cabela's. At $45 they're pricey for the 6 months will get out of them. I hope they do a great job for her.

Thanks

Eddie Bauer pants from Costco is what my daughter likes. Kuiu has 28” attacks in there outlet right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro