Kids Western WA Roosevelt

Timber79

Lil-Rokslider
My boy was able to get it done the morning of day 2 on a awesome western WA muzzleloader roosevelt bull.

After the dust has settled from breaking the bull down , the pack out , and getting it hung up. Things are really starting to sink in on just how amazing this adventure was with my oldest son.

First off, the experience alone was indescribable. Watching my son get himself ready and into position immediately after hearing the first snap of branches as the elk came our way through the timber to investigate my cow calls .

Knowing that he had his heart set on harvesting a bull even though I told him multiple times to take a cow if you have a clean opportunity. To then see him watch 2 cows come down through the timber as he patiently waits to see the bull. As the 3rd elk appears through the timber i hear him quietly say "its a bull" and then immediately takes aim. I then let out a final cow call to stop the bull in what I hope was within his shooting lane through the dense timber and within a few seconds I hear the 50 cal light off.

I think about what a life changing event this was for the both of us and definitely his rite of passage as an elk hunter . I think about how much of a life milestone it is to harvest a roosevelt bull . Knowing many that never have found success after years of pursuit.

I think about the commendation we give towards a kids first steps, 1st tooth, 1st day of school, etc. And look at today's younger helpless generation and think that almost everyone can accomplish such simple milestones, but few can find success in the elk woods. Such an amazing adventure and honestly the proudest moment i have experience as a father and a hunter.
20201007_113109.jpg20201007_112800.jpg

cjdewese

WKR
As a father to two boys 8 and 3 I cannot wait to share the woods with them. Great story, cool memories and a nice bull. Awesome Job!

OP
Timber79

Timber79

Lil-Rokslider
Few more pics

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-123407_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-123407_Gallery.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20201007-124247_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-124247_Gallery.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 29

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
What a great experience! Congrats and a beautiful bull!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk