Kifaru 14er Without Belt?

Anybody run theirs without a belt for loads around 20lbs or just as a purely "hiking trail" or travel pack. Anything to consider if thinking of getting one for thia purpose?

MAVinWA

Lil-Rokslider
Based in WA, OTC archery public land in AZ, UT, so
Tried mine a time or 2 on day hikes. 14'r is a long pack, without belt the lower part gives you a feeling like it moves side2side. Definitely better with a belt. Even with belt, best to keep load weight less than 40lbs.

now pretty much use exclusively a 26" Kifaru Frame, alternate between Reckoning and 22Mag Gen-2 bags, depending on packing needs.
I carry 63-lbs in Reckoning for multi day, backcountry trips and 28-lbs in 22Mag on day trip (Swaro optics heavy). Then add meat and this Kifaru frame rocks heavy loads.

Last edited:
Travel with it in that fashion every time I fly. Wife and I are of Backpacker mentality and I've done Hawaii and Mexico for 7+ days in a 14'r with no issues. Usually snorkel gear in there as well.

Lawnboi

WKR
I took the belt off for a while. But put it back on. The 14r has, over many of their smaller packs, a pretty good suspension, no reason not to utilize it. If I wanted a smaller pack to ru without a belt I’d probably look at some of thier other offerings