Kifaru 14'r feedback

Oregonboy

WKR
Wow, I literally called kifaru a few months ago to ask if anyone has done this before.

Please post results as I would love to cut out the internal pockets of mine as well.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like mine but those internal pockets suck. I. Early missed a flight because I had Ammo in one of those pockets from months earlier that I had forgotten about.

sveltri

WKR
I ended up selling my first 14'r last year or the year before only to end up buying another one. I had my previous experience with that pack and had a Shapecharge to try out to compare the 2. For me the 14'r is superior to the SC, but I still hate the interior pockets!

I removed the pockets today, it was pretty straightforward. I started with a Havalon but then moved to a nice pair of shears. I finished by hitting any loose thread with a lighter, I think it turned out pretty well. The whole process took 15-20 minutes. Might do the water bladder sleeve next
Step 1: Remove harness, belt, and stays. Then turn bag inside-out
IMG_0687.jpg
Step 2. Remove sleeves and singe loose threads
IMG_0688.jpg
Step 3. Reassemble pack.
IMG_0691.jpg

Oregonboy

WKR
Big shoutout to Veganhunter for helping me through this process, I just finished cutting my interior pockets out and I'm am STOKED!! This bag is perfect now.

Attachments

• IMG-5857.jpg
    IMG-5857.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-5858.jpg
    IMG-5858.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 53

PA-R

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like a lot of 14'r's are showing up for sale. Is the pack not fitting a niche for you or what?

I have a spike camp legacy and a late season legacy. I'm debating consolidating them into having a 14'r.
Are you going to sell the your Late Season?

OP
R
Are you going to sell the your Late Season?
I've long sold my spike camp, late season and 14'r. I preferred the 14'r to the other two, but prefer the full tri-zip of my mystery ranch bags. Also as a long long time Kifaru user, I found the mystery ranch suspension fits me much better.

Not to derail the thread though, I'm glad you guys are pleased with the results of your trimmings! :)

PA-R

Lil-Rokslider
I've long sold my spike camp, late season and 14'r. I preferred the 14'r to the other two, but prefer the full tri-zip of my mystery ranch bags. Also as a long long time Kifaru user, I found the mystery ranch suspension fits me much better.

Not to derail the thread though, I'm glad you guys are pleased with the results of your trimmings! :)
Many Thanks for the reply. Peter

When I had my 14’r…. I really wanted to cut the upper end of the vertical zipper open to mimic the Tri-Zip opening design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdmclaug

FNG

What mystery ranch are you looking at? Would like a nice internal frame MR, but don't seem to find alot