Kifaru 14R for prs and scouting trips

I am purchasing a 14r mostly for prs type shooting but wanted to get input from you guys as to what type of add on pouches you have found helpful. Thinking of the spotting scope pouch as that's something I use at matches. What do you use when scouting as add ons to your backpack?

Trial153

WKR
My 14r has two small belt pockets on it. I then run a pair of long spotting scope pockets one on each side. I also had a grab it on it, how it's being replaced by a Sherman.

OP
O
It the belt big enough to fit a nalgene pouch? On my DT1 it's great just no experience with this pack. Thx for the info:)

Lotta people seem to take a shit on this pack. I love it. Traveled with it for a 10 day trip to Mexico. Pulled off waist belt and it fit well as a carry on. I run a medium belt pouch on the bottom of the pack body. Think a small belt pouch on the right for camera/phone. And added Nalgene on off side. I shoot some steel comps also, but nothing big scale. I am not sure you'd ever have your spotter/tripod separated? I'd leave them attached and maybe invert the system in a grab it and go. It's pretty popular for everyone to bitch about the micro tweaks they crave for each pack design. Falling into that same trap, my only gripe is the internal sleeves. As a top loader....the inner sleeves seem to make cramming the pack full.....well.....difficult. Simply unzipping the top and attempting to cram a puffy inside, or raingear, etc....can take a few extra seconds.

Trial153

WKR
Lotta people seem to take a shit on this pack. I love it. Traveled with it for a 10 day trip to Mexico. Pulled off waist belt and it fit well as a carry on. I run a medium belt pouch on the bottom of the pack body. Think a small belt pouch on the right for camera/phone. And added Nalgene on off side. I shoot some steel comps also, but nothing big scale. I am not sure you'd ever have your spotter/tripod separated? I'd leave them attached and maybe invert the system in a grab it and go. It's pretty popular for everyone to bitch about the micro tweaks they crave for each pack design. Falling into that same trap, my only gripe is the internal sleeves. As a top loader....the inner sleeves seem to make cramming the pack full.....well.....difficult. Simply unzipping the top and attempting to cram a puffy inside, or raingear, etc....can take a few extra seconds.
I been thinking about cutting the sleeves out..... ??
I use mine as carry on as well, even with the waist belt. I have done a bunch with this pack and while I think it doenst handle weight well i still managed to pack a mule deer out with it on a day hunt.

Lawnboi

WKR
My 14r has two small belt pockets on it. I then run a pair of long spotting scope pockets one on each side. I also had a grab it on it, how it's being replaced by a Sherman.

How do you like the Sherman on it? I was thinking of getting one for my 14r. You don’t happen to have a pic?

Trial153

WKR
How do you like the Sherman on it? I was thinking of getting one for my 14r. You don’t happen to have a pic?
I didnt order it yet but I plan too, waiting to need or want a few more things. I figure it will work as a grab it ..but also when I use at my carry on i can place an iPad, bookcz travel needs ect ..without accessing the main pack.

ErikM

FNG
I've used all three sizes of belt pouches on the pack body and I think mediums are the ticket. Also use nalgene, mini and small belt pouches on waist belt and all work great. I use a large side pocket (discontinued) when I need volume on family hikes and it works fine. Spotting scope pocket seems like it would be a little more streamlined than the one I have.

OP
O
Most matches that I will shoot with this I'll either use 15x swaro on the tripod or a spotter. Most likely I'll fly with the spotter inside the pack and tripod inside my checked luggage. No need to pack it all inside this pack.