Kifaru 14r

WJS23

WKR
I’m looking at getting one of these pack it will be used for travel and day hunts. I just want to get some information from the guys that have used it.

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
It's a good pack for sure! I used mine for a couple overnights with spotting scope pockets as well. I sold my 14'r and got a Shape Charge though. I liked the features better for a day bag, and slightly small travel bag. The 14'r will carry weight better than the Shape Charge because of the longer stays and larger lumbar pad.

ArborKat

FNG
It's a good pack for sure! I used mine for a couple overnights with spotting scope pockets as well. I sold my 14'r and got a Shape Charge though. I liked the features better for a day bag, and slightly small travel bag. The 14'r will carry weight better than the Shape Charge because of the longer stays and larger lumbar pad.
I'm in the same boat. Been looking at ther 14r or shape charge. Have you tried to attach the shape charge to a duplex frame? Just like the idea of having a stand alone day pack, or day pack and meat hauler.

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat. Been looking at ther 14r or shape charge. Have you tried to attach the shape charge to a duplex frame? Just like the idea of having a stand alone day pack, or day pack and meat hauler.
I have not tried it, but I could give it a shot. I'm sure it would work with the right buckles and straps. There are loops above the shoulder straps that could be used to attach it to the lid attachments, and plenty of spots on the side and bottom to run buckles.

Trial153

WKR
Same here, travel and day hunts. Packed out a mule deer with it. It's not a load hauler but it excels at what its built for.
I like it.

OP
WJS23

WJS23

WKR
Thanks for the reply’s but are you guys running the aluminum stays?

WTFJohn

WKR

Aron has you covered.