Kifaru 2020

I need some entertainment with the current craziness going on, so I figured I’d just ask to see if anyone knows of anything else coming down the pipeline for Kifaru this year? Also if you could pick one pack and put your spin on it what would you do with them? I’d take a hoodlum and drop both side pockets and one of the zippers and drop it to around 5000 cubic inches. I think that would be my perfect pack.

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
I'd really love to see a 357 Mag pack. Something that's ~3500 Cubic Inches and designed to use their external frame system. I like the side pockets on the 44 mag and the large front load style opening. Just shrink it down a bit (shorter more than narrower) and I'd buy one for sure.

I need some entertainment with the current craziness going on, so I figured I’d just ask to see if anyone knows of anything else coming down the pipeline for Kifaru this year? Also if you could pick one pack and put your spin on it what would you do with them? I’d take a hoodlum and drop both side pockets and one of the zippers and drop it to around 5000 cubic inches. I think that would be my perfect pack.

Just out of curiosity...why dont you like the side pockets on the Hoodlum? Those are my favorite aspects as I essentially put all my outergear/raingear in one and spotter in the other. I almost dont even use the regular bag lol.

OP
E
Honestly I am a meat shelf guy so if I was day hunting I’d put extra layers in the bag and everything else in the exterior pockets. Also I am a smaller guy in general and I want to run a lid so if I could cut the weight down by not having the pockets I would want the lid more than the side pockets. Then I’d keep my water bladder in the meat shelf like the reckoning to fill my nalgene whenever I need.

OP
E
Just out of curiosity...why dont you like the side pockets on the Hoodlum? Those are my favorite aspects as I essentially put all my outergear/raingear in one and spotter in the other. I almost dont even use the regular bag lol.

Basically I want a different pals matrix layout Markhor with a side zipper and the hoodlum strap layout. I think it would be the perfect pack for my inner weight weenie. And I like the way that frank and Aron run the spotters under the lid or the collar. I think it’s the safest place for them during a potential fall. I can’t remember falling on the top of my pack but I can remember falling in the side quite a few times.

Last edited:
I'd like a Reckoning layout with an xpac bottom/snow collar, and the rest out of their tipi material, like the old KU packs. But I don't think the weight savings would be worth it to Kifaru.

Block

WKR
my old 22Mag... it’s perfect... don’t really like what they changed it to.

Attachments

• 68F50194-6B91-4F15-A7FC-E56E13931325.jpeg
    68F50194-6B91-4F15-A7FC-E56E13931325.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 191

pc3

WKR
I think a larger reckoning with long enclosed full length side zip up side pockets (big enough to hold the largest of spotters and same capacity as Crater and two internal sleeves like the 14r' as well would be a good idea.

I like the full opening zip

LionHead

WKR
I'd put full length zip side pockets back on the 22mag Gen2 and make it 22" Omni suspension, ditch the Molle and mount 6x6 Chanel pocket up top and a 3x6 chanel sized pocket on the bottom

Same for the 44mag, Ditch the Molle and sew a 7x8 channel pocket up top and 4 x8 channel pocket below the tongue. Keep all there Sherman docking tabs. Otherwise 44mag is good to go

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Muskeg 3500-3800ish would be a no brainer for me.
I love the layout of that pack but 5000 is too much bag for me and 2800 is a touch on the small side.

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
When do you think we will hear more on the new stove that’s been thrown around a little bit? I know the stay at home orders and such have delayed some stuff, understandably

92xj

WKR
I'd love a Mountain Warrior to mate a Hoodlum.
Side pocket panel loader.
Red line would be a full zipper. The zipper on the other side would go all the way through the snow collar to open the back completely when needed.
49394869882_2845545847_z.jpg

49394669371_17b23f540d_z.jpg

44 Special.
A 44 Mag with all the pals and velcro taken off, take zippers off side pockets and make them open top, stretch pockets on the outside corners.

I'd love a Mountain Warrior to mate a Hoodlum.

I'd like a Reckoning layout with an xpac bottom/snow collar, and the rest out of their tipi material, like the old KU packs. But I don't think the weight savings would be worth it to Kifaru.

Sounds like both of you need to get in touch with Pods8 and talk to him about sewing these up for you.

OP
E
44 Special.
A 44 Mag with all the pals and velcro taken off, take zippers off side pockets and make them open top, stretch pockets on the outside corners.

I’ve always thought it would be awesome to have the Mag packs with only tabs for belt pouches rather than the entire matrix.

OP
E
I'm just a minimalist and weeny lol.

I agree man! I basically want a muskeg 5000 out of cordura with the Hoodlum pals and strap layout. For my inner weight weenie as well but to still be able to have a good amount of organization with pockets and a lid.