Kifaru 2020

OP
E
I really think with this new frame they could easily make a pack that could weight the same as what SG offers with the Xcurce even with pockets and a lid. They just take functionality and customization more into account than weight which I appreciate.

I really think with this new frame they could easily make a pack that could weight the same as what SG offers with the Xcurce even with pockets and a lid. They just take functionality and customization more into account than weight which I appreciate.
I like how tough they are, and still maintaining a good weight to storage ratio, it wouldn't surprise me if they offered some UL bags in the future though.

kifaru has it's own thing going on, while exo, stone glacier, and seek are all doing different variations of very similar packs.

bsnedeker

WKR
Lol...yeah, the Stryker needs more webbing!

I want to see a new Argali as I like the garbage bag with straps model. All I need is a hanger for a hydration bladder. Maybe a couple of attachment points on the back of the bag for a pouch or two, but NO PALS WEBBING! The only thing I might add to the old style Argali would be stretch pockets on the side for a nalgene, but honestly the old Argali is just about perfect. The only issue I have with it is that it isn't totally compatible with the new frames since it doesn't have the additional load lifter connection points on the top sleeve thingy.

For most of what I do, a Stryker with water bottle pockets that cinch down at the top. Keeps the bladder out of use which I don’t like much, keeps the bottle holder off the belt, and would leave enough room in the bag for a warm mid layer or rain gear on top of the other stuff I need and use.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
Lol...yeah, the Stryker needs more webbing!

I want to see a new Argali as I like the garbage bag with straps model. All I need is a hanger for a hydration bladder. Maybe a couple of attachment points on the back of the bag for a pouch or two, but NO PALS WEBBING! The only thing I might add to the old style Argali would be stretch pockets on the side for a nalgene, but honestly the old Argali is just about perfect. The only issue I have with it is that it isn't totally compatible with the new frames since it doesn't have the additional load lifter connection points on the top sleeve thingy.
Totally agree! Argali with tab loops for a sherman would be nearly perfect.

10ringer

WKR
XPAC version of reckoning and Fulcrum Please!!! Main bag xpac with side pockets cordura. Two sets of horizontal straps on reckoning instead of 3 and add side stretchy pockets like those on the shape charge. Have bags come in around 2.5 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10ringer

WKR
The Gen 2 22 mag bag with the cargo panel like the stryker.

Yes! Take my money now. I can’t think of a better setup for late season whitetail hunting or backcountry day hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to wish for a 22mag/cargo panel as well. I've been coveting a Stryker for a while but I don't think it would pack my cold weather layers like I would want it to.

They need to make a lighter bag in the 4500-5500 cu in range for week long backpack trips. Their bags are excessively heavy IMO. If they come out with something like a stripped down 44 mag and keep the horseshoe zipper then I will buy it that day. Until then I'm going to continue using my Exo 4800 on the Kifaru Lite.

OP
E
They need to make a lighter bag in the 4500-5500 cu in range for week long backpack trips. Their bags are excessively heavy IMO. If they come out with something like a stripped down 44 mag and keep the horseshoe zipper then I will buy it that day. Until then I'm going to continue using my Exo 4800 on the Kifaru Lite.

I agree 100%

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
Man everyone has good ideas here, I wish that they made a cordura version of the muskeg series

The highcamp was almost that except it was a sleeping compartment zipper and not a side offset zipper. Assuming it didnt sell overly well and got discontinued. I used a highcamp 7k for years and loved it

mort9687

FNG
I want a version of the Stryker with an opening in the bottom of the load shelf so I can mount a rifle scabbard in it like an eberlestock. Or have them put it on the back side of the pack against the frame.