Kifaru 22 Mag Gen 2 Question.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I'm looking to purchase the Gen 2 22 Mag pack from Kifaru as a new 1 or 2 day pack. In looking on their site, in the description for the pack, it states that the pack is "designed for our 22" duplex frame". See photo...

kifaru 22.PNG

Am I missing something? Will this pack not attach to my 26" duplex frame? I like the idea of this pack for 1 or 2 days, plus the meat shelf capability if needed. But if I need to order a new frame to go along with it, that's a big bummer. Somebody help this idiot out and clear this up for me.

Thanks!

kdelarye

FNG
It will attach to any kifaru frame, you will just have frame showing on the bottom. If you have the newest light or ultra light frame the 24 inch still works for the load shelf but the 26 inch idk. Them newer frames dont have the raised common loops for the shelf if that makes sense. I run my 22 mag on a 24 inch frame and I have the load shelf hooked in but I have never used it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It will attach to any kifaru frame, you will just have frame showing on the bottom. If you have the newest light or ultra light frame the 24 inch still works for the load shelf but the 26 inch idk. Them newer frames dont have the raised common loops for the shelf if that makes sense. I run my 22 mag on a 24 inch frame and I have the load shelf hooked in but I have never used it.

Right on. That makes a lot more sense. I thought it should go onto my frame but then I saw that text I highlited in the photo above and got super confused.

kdelarye

FNG
I think they are just trying to say it fits flush on the 22 inch frame

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I have my new 22 mag on 26" hunter duplex frame. Works great for my daypack needs.
Use the space on frame, below 22Mag pack to strap in a Chair One & sit pad for glassing.
If you intend to go overnight, use this space for other gear.
Honestly for me, I can't do more than a night from Oct-December with this bag. That's what my Reckoning is for.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have my new 22 mag on 26" hunter duplex frame. Works great for my daypack needs.
Use the space on frame, below 22Mag pack to strap in a Chair One & sit pad for glassing.
If you intend to go overnight, use this space for other gear.
Honestly for me, I can't do more than a night from Oct-December with this bag. That's what my Reckoning is for.
Great info. Really appreciate it.