Kifaru 22 mag gen 2

Jakeb1989

FNG
Looking into getting a new pack and really like the 22 mag. My only thing is it seems to sit really high above the frame. My question is there any way to connect it with k clips to the top of the frame so that is sits lower on the pack? I’ll be using a 26 light frame

Trypad

FNG
I think I have an idea of what you are asking. Ill test this and get you some photos.

I will say I had my pack setup wrong at the beginning of the season for hauling out meat and then got it figured out.

OP
Jakeb1989

Jakeb1989

FNG
I think I have an idea of what you are asking. Ill test this and get you some photos.

I will say I had my pack setup wrong at the beginning of the season for hauling out meat and then got it figured out.
That would be great if you could send some pics and let me know how you think it functions.

Trypad

FNG
I didn't throw any weight in, but I will try and get out this weekend to see how it feels lower.

Here is how it looked originally.

0120210730.jpg

Here it is dropped down.

0120210727.jpg

This next picture is how I screwed up at the beginning. I was bypassing the top of the frame to clip the top of the bag to my shoulder straps which basically bypassed the whole advantage of load lifters. In the top circle the bag did not come with that clip. When I got the bag I got the repair kit with it just so that I would have extras. For hauling my buck out I just used male slotted locks to clip in from the top of my bag which seemed to work fine. I did use your idea and grabbed to the k-clips from the bottom of the bag to test with those which I do like the option for length.

Inked0120210038_LI.jpg

I then just moved the pack down one on the side frame loops.

0120210039.jpg

Here is probably the best photo of how I hauled it out my deer with it setup better.
1118201638.jpg

OP
Jakeb1989

Jakeb1989

FNG
That looks good. Thanks for taking the time to set it up like that. I hunt a lot of thick timber and don’t want to catch and stuff being up higher. Do you like it set up lower like that?

Trypad

FNG
You know to be honest it didn't feel to bad. So I will probably try it out. There was a couple of times that I did hit some timber this year which is annoying.

Either way I really like the bag. Its not too small and not too big. I do wish it had a bladder pouch, but I did fine without one as well.