Kifaru 22 mag on a 26" frame

There must be some pics of a 22 mag on a 26 inch frame, but I ain't finding any. Can someone point me in the right direction, or post it in the replies here? Thanks

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have my ma deuce on my 26” frame right now but when I get the 22Mag back on I’ll take a pic for you. What questions are you looking to have answered?

Block

WKR
Iv got the 22 on a 24” duplex lite.. pretty sure Iv heard it works fine on a 26” just a little extra frame showing at the bottom..

Attachments

• 4A763A03-0A23-4210-B65E-A94AE59EDFCD.jpeg
    4A763A03-0A23-4210-B65E-A94AE59EDFCD.jpeg
    693 KB · Views: 94
OP
CoyotieKiller
I have my ma deuce on my 26” frame right now but when I get the 22Mag back on I’ll take a pic for you. What questions are you looking to have answered?
Would just like to see how it looks. Thought I saw somewhere in my searching that the meat shelf doesn't hook up correctly on the 26", which seems odd to me.

marktole

WKR
7098E76E-51A9-4A9E-BB90-9E8FD653B35F.jpeg
Stuffed for an overnight scouting trip on a 26” frame. Sleeping pad fits perfectly in the space beneath the bag. I commonly strap stuff in that space.

Packed meat with the 26” frame and 22 mag as well. Not an issue. Just put it between the bag and frame and cinched it down, off I went.

OP
CoyotieKiller
View attachment 224877
Stuffed for an overnight scouting trip on a 26” frame. Sleeping pad fits perfectly in the space beneath the bag. I commonly strap stuff in that space.

Packed meat with the 26” frame and 22 mag as well. Not an issue. Just put it between the bag and frame and cinched it down, off I went.
Are those foam mats actually comfortable, or is it just that you don't have to be concerned about fixing flats?

marktole

WKR
Are those foam mats actually comfortable, or is it just that you don't have to be concerned about fixing flats?
I hate taking the time to air up and deflate a sleeping mat. That foam mat lays out in half a second and and accordion folds back up in another half a second. Really convenient. However, they’re not that comfortable. They don’t have a very high R value for insulation. I will use it in the summer sometimes for scouting trips. I usually use an air up mat now days.

bascott1

WKR
I’ve got mine on a 26” frame. Fits perfect and I like the extra space at the bottom for a sleeping bag or a dry bag with puffy and rain gear on the outside for quick access.

Ranger619

WKR
I just got a 22 Mag and put it on my 26" frame. I am trying to decide if I am going to run it with the gap on bottom or run it with the bag even with the bottom of the frame. I can then just suck the bag up to the frame with the straps and it allows me to put my sitting pad between the frame and the bag.

kf1983

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my 26" and have a 22 mag on the way. When I get the bag. Ill fill her up and take some pics showing how it sits. Not too worried about the look. Just hoping with the lid is full, it doesn't sit to high over my head.

Ray.

FNG
View attachment 224877

That thing is stuffed!

oldhorse

WKR
Just got my 26" and have a 22 mag on the way. When I get the bag. Ill fill her up and take some pics showing how it sits. Not too worried about the look. Just hoping with the lid is full, it doesn't sit to high over my head.
This is my main complaint with the Gen 2 22 Mag. I bought a Gen 1 when they first came out and loved it. I used it on my 24 inch frame initially, then I picked up a 22 in hunter frame with carbon arrow stays from the classifieds. This is a great combination. When the Gen 2 came out I ordered one immediately. I really like the overall design, but the top of the pack sits a few inches higher than the Gen 1. It kind negated the low profile that I got from the the Gen 1 on a 22 inch frame. I ended up giving that setup to my oldest daughter (5'3", 115 lbs). I picked up another Gen 1 and 22 inch frame from the classifieds, and I'm sticking with it. Just my experience, you may not find it an issue at all. Good luck!