Kifaru 22 mag on a 26” frame

I know that this pack will fit in this frame, and that there will be an open space on the lower lumbar area. Plus there have been some people that have posted on how this works for them, and they love it. What I am looking for as far as feed back is, what is the down side or the this doesn’t work.

I stand a really good chance at pulling a great archery deer tag this year and I love the lay out of this pack, but I am a tall guy and need a 26” frame. Would really love it if Kifaru made a 26 Mag. Wink wink.

Gobbler

FNG
Great bag, great layout. You will need to run compression straps from the bottom of the bag to the common loops or tabs at the bottom of the frame to secure it vertically. You can use the two on the bottom of the bag or add a separate pair if you want those for another purpose. Lots of ways to use that open space at the bottom, depends what you need to carry.

colersu22

WKR
There is a guy that uses the 22mag and a 28” frame on here but forgot his name. I like having the extra space on the bottom of the frame so I can mount a roll top pod there.

Mlax

FNG
I have the 22 mag on a 26" frame. Haven't put it to use yet but like you just to tall to go smaller. I did add an E&E in the space below the 22 bag. Just rotated it 90 degrees and it straps right in. Adds a lot more space if needed.

sveltri

WKR
My first pack from Kifaru was the 22 mag on 26" frame, I really liked the bag but the frame was too big me. If the frame works for you I think its a great combination.

VJ3f9IU.jpg

SYcBy86.jpg

marktole

WKR
I ran a 22 mag on a 26” frame all of last year. Was never an issue, even when there is nothing in the gap. Still compresses totally fine, the side compression straps line up perfect to the tab loops on the frame, and as another user said, the bottom compression straps just run to the normal attachment points at the bottom of the frame like any other Kifaru bag would. Sometimes I would slide a glassing pad in there and that was perfect, easy to pull out when I stopped to glass.

frankrb3

WKR
I run the 22 mag on a 22" frame so I can't comment on how well it works on the 26" frame. However, I can say that the bag is awesome and the access/layout is excellent. I haven't hauled meat yet but it hauls and organizes gear/optics perfectly for the way I like to run a day pack.