Kifaru 22 mag

I recently acquired a piece of hunting ground that's all rock and will take me about an hour to walk up a steep incline to my spot and pack out any deer harvested. I thinking about going with a Kifraru 22 mag to pack my clothes in and possible any game harvested out? Its just a lot of coin to drop and I'm trying to make sure I'm picking the right thing.

Any pro's or con's on the 22 mag and or any recommendations
thanks

Its the business man. Long as its big enough.
If you're ultralite you can get a few days out of it.
Get a grab it as well.
Here's my wife w an elk front and head.
20200927_172826.jpg

Wrench

WKR
I hauled my wife's mule deer boned out in one shot in mine.

Great day pack with tons of potential 2018-10-20 06.54.34.jpg20181019_134312.jpg

Just got back from an elk hunt and couldn't be happier with the 22 mag. It's a little smaller than what I've used in the past, but held everything I needed. I was able to attach my bow to the outside with a set of extra buckles/straps I purchased from Kifaru. I also attached two belt pouches on the back to give me a little extra room for miscellaneous items. Held my 15x56 and tripod with no issues. Even used the meat shelf to pack out two elk hams and a front shoulder on a small cow my father killed. The pack worked great and have no complaints, would definitely purchase again.

Block

WKR
Tryin find the older 1st gen 22mag on here in the classifieds.. its a MUCH better bag than the new one.. make sure it’s the one with the meat shelf., Iv bought a few backup bags on here and the very first design didn’t have meat shelf’s,,,

Would the 22Mag work well for wedging a tree stand and steps in the meat shelf area for walk-in whitetail hunting?

Juancho

FNG
I have the first generation and best daypack I've come across. Not too much space, but with their little 'shelf' easily can fit a quartered deer comfortably.

Derek abrahamson

FNG
Classified Approved
Actually hers does not have the meat shelf. Just left the bottom of the bag secured tight like an exo pack.
Thank you, im running an exo now but want to test a kifaru, just cant decide on which bag to get. im leaning towards a stryker or 22 mag to train with and decide if i prefer it over my exo but will be running a 26" frame not sure if the 22 mag will fit funny on there or not

pc3

WKR
My thoughts, if your only buying one kifaru you might get more versatility from the 44 mag....not much more weight and you won’t need to play tetrus when you pack/ unpack

it depends on where you are hunting? Do you need to carry insulation layers like a Sitka Fanatic set? If are good with strapping layers to the outside then your good, if you want them inside then get the 44 Mag.