WTS Kifaru 24" Frame (XS Belt, Short Straps) and Crater Bag

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This isn't your typical catch-and-release barely used Kifaru setup. I've been using this bag and frame heavily for 4-5 years now. It has seen a lot of blood, bear fat, mud and wear. As such, it has plenty of wear & tear, a couple of repairs/modifications, and probably some light stains that are well hidden by the multicam.
Frame:
24" Light hunter frame. Early preorder frame from this generation. Ranger green color.
The Good:
  • G Hooks on the load lifters (faster to detach, more lifter adjustment)
  • Cross stay replaced with a fiberglass rod and fastened in place. No more broken cross stays or wearing through the ends of the sleeve
  • XS belt taken in an extra 1/2". I have a 30" waist, I'd say this will work from 28"-32"
  • Frame curved inwards slightly at the bottom to better fit narrow torsos.
  • Waist belt buckle replaced with a Austrialpine Aluminum Cobra buckle. Much more durable than the stock Nexus side release buckle.
  • Did a full blown soak & strip, should be as clean and fresh as a used frame can get
The Bad:
  • Foam in shoulder straps is pretty well worn out. Due to be replaced
  • Shoulder strap sleeves have a couple holes
  • Shoulder straps are pulling out of the belt. Belt needs to be replaced
  • Lumbar foam is tired, could stand to be replaced
  • Small sewing repair on the loops on top of the frame, hand sewn with 20lb Dyneema line.
Cavern Bag. Multicam, from the same time frame. Has one burn hole on the outside near the top of the side zip, and one mouse chew hole inside the spotting scope pocket. Load shelf is intact. Main side zip is damaged; only one pull works, so I generally zip the top up about 1/2" below the damaged section at the top. Straps are untrimmed.

Despite the wear and tear, this pack can probably still stretch out a couple of seasons. Adding a new belt and shoulder straps will make it almost like new ($180 or so). I was using it exclusively through the first of this season with no issues.

$400 shipped for both together. $225 shipped for either separate. PP F&F or Venmo.

Attachments

• Back of Pack.jpg
    Back of Pack.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Mouse Hole.jpg
    Mouse Hole.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Zipper and Hole.jpg
    Zipper and Hole.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Damaged Strap.jpg
    Damaged Strap.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Front of Pack.jpg
    Front of Pack.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Back of Frame.jpg
    Back of Frame.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Front of Frame.jpg
    Front of Frame.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Top Frame.jpg
    Top Frame.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Sewing repair.jpg
    Sewing repair.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Strap Hole.jpg
    Strap Hole.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

7mm-08

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Great advertisement for the durability of Kifaru's products and good on you for using them as they are intended. Free bump.

OP
PathFinder
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Great advertisement for the durability of Kifaru's products and good on you for using them as they are intended. Free bump.
Thanks for the bump!
This stuff has been used, but still 100% functional! Free street cred without having to wait for it if you have a pack this well used, like those fancy jeans with holes in them;)